Austin
Sponsored by

Orthopedic Vet?

1,130 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DrAg93
DrAg93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know a good orthopedic vet, preferably an Ag in Austin? Pup somehow broke his humerus. Vet placed a cast (for a measly$500), but suggested may need to be pinned and bracketed.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AustinScubaAg
AG
What part of town are you in.
DrAg93
AG
2222 and 360, but anywhere is fine. I'd take him to the vet school if they are not so booked out.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AustinScubaAg
AG
There is a specialty vet hospital at 360 and 2222. They have to othepedic surgeons. My aggie vet referred us there for an oncologist not sure about surgery. There are a couple of other similar hospitals around supprised your vet did not give you a referral.
bmfvet
AG
I do orthopedic work in Westlake. If you have radiographs, You can email them to me at username at aol. Better to do this week.
‘99
MaroonSpirit
AG
CTVSEH in South Austin or Round Rock. I have known the owners for 25 years. I have even worked with them and they have worked on many of my dogs.

Dr. Kerpsack is the top guy. He is south but all of the surgeons are top notch and all have done extra schooling to be DACVS surgeons.

rather be fishing
AG
MaroonSpirit said:

CTVSEH in South Austin or Round Rock. I have known the owners for 25 years. I have even worked with them and they have worked on many of my dogs.

Dr. Kerpsack is the top guy. He is south but all of the surgeons are top notch and all have done extra schooling to be DACVS surgeons.

Kerpsack did both of our Weimaraner's knees. Would highly recommend.
AustinScubaAg
AG
rather be fishing said:

MaroonSpirit said:

CTVSEH is hit or miss. We had to see their Dermatologist and would never recommend.
rather be fishing
AG
AustinScubaAg said:

rather be fishing said:

MaroonSpirit said:

CTVSEH is hit or miss. We had to see their Dermatologist and would never recommend.
For knees, I don't know if there's a better group in the area.
MaroonSpirit
AG
For ortho, neuro, internal medicine, and emergency I guarantee you will be pleased.
DrAg93
AG
Bmfvet took care of it. Appreciate the suggestions, and I know I can always trust an Ag vet. He is doing well now a few weeks out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.