Austin
Sponsored by

Cleaning Service

1,631 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by stardustag
tailgatetimer10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone got any recs for a monthly or bi-weekly cleaning service or person?
scott1481
AG
I'm up in Cedar Park and use someone bi-weekly that I like. Not sure what their range is, but happy pass along if you live North.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Central Austin have a person clean our 3/2 for $100 every 2 weeks
tailgatetimer10
AG
Pm sent
tailgatetimer10
AG
Mind sharing the details?

wej5665@gmail.com
tripperwill
AG
We use Maids n Moore. About 100 every 2 weeks, plus they have good deals every few months for buy 6 ahead of time get 2 free. They've always been thorough and consistent. Super easy to work with and weekend I've compared prices they've always been as good or cheaper than other services or individuals. Let me know if you want a referral and I think you'll get your service discounted.
SteveBott
AG
Wait? People pay 2600 an year to clean their house?

That doesn't count laundry or meal prep right?
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Much cheaper than my or my wife's hourly rate to do it and worth every penny, may expand to laundry and a meal after the new year
tailgatetimer10
AG
Know of a cheaper option?

My wife and are finding little time to clean everything these days. I don't know if I can talk myself into the 2x a month deal, was thinking 1x a month.
SteveBott
AG
Nope. My wife cleans inside and I take care of the outside. We both cook and clean dishes but she washes. Always done it that way
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I spoke with my lady, she is not taking new customers right now, but any spots she has open up are $175 min for 1x a month, $100 for 2x and $75 for 4x

When she comes it's the best day, you come home and the house is immaculate

I also gave up on mowing my yard when I was traveling 70% of the time. Time with the family is too valuable to spend it cleaning and mowing unless you just enjoy it.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I help with inside, and do the all of the outside. As my, and my wife's, careers have grown -- I struggle to find time to do the inside. The paychecks have gone up, the free time has gone down.

So I see your perspective, but I prefer to keep my focus on my job. I would rather work than clean. My parents have cleaned their entire lives as well, so I know where you're coming from.
expresswrittenconsent
Steve Bott cannot comprehend the concept of maid services.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
about 8 years ago I did an exercise to value my time, and it included:

• how much could i make by working an additional hour (salary + bonus) so not a real clear calculation
  • how much would I pay for an extra hour of free time
  • how much would I pay for extra time with my wife and kids

I use that metric for almost everything

cleaning
mowing
that flight out to that costs $100 more but is better for my schedule

In general most of the prices are the same, I find the quality is better with a person over a service but the risk is higher not using a service. Also if you government clearance doesn't allow for close contact with non residents then a service is your best option.
Medaggie
I do the same and put a price on anything that I would consider work. I do take care of my pool b/c I spend about 30 min a week and I just do a better job that our pool guys.

I have more work than I can handle and I have done calculations where an hr of my work is about 5 hrs of handyman/cleaners. It starts to not make sense as I like my work much more than cleaning/lawn.

Back to the question, I have a cleaning local crew that comes every 2 wks. $180 for the whole house (bottom/top) and $125 (Bottom only and outdoor kitchen). My house is well over 5K sq feet with 4 full bath/3 half bath and bottom 3500 sqft. So it ends up being about $300/mo, which seems very reasonable to come home to a clean/relaxing house).

stardustag
AG
calculation is dangerous/misleading. I don't get paid more if i work more by doing less around the house...

Yes sure, maid service would make my house much cleaner... because we don't have time to clean it as much as we like. But how do you put a price tag on cleaner house?

I have thought about giving single occurrence maid service as gift to my wife... I think she would appreciate it as a 'spurge' gift... but there's no way my wife (being as cheap as she is) would let us pay for maid service on a regular basis.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.