Austin
Sponsored by

Dr. Steve Flores Resigns from Round Rock ISD

2,804 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggieangler93
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cory Vessa just posted this on her campaign page. I can't say that I'm surprised considering how bad the district has handled COVID

Mookie
AG
no doubt. not broken up over it for sure.
Ag9701
AG
What are some of the big issues that people have with how RRISD handled things? I personally disagree with some things but nothing major. I am surprised he resigned.
AgGrad99
AG
I think this predates COVID.

His relationship with the board/community has been strained for a while. He was a condescending dude who loved to bait and switch to get what he wanted. That gets old, and people were tired of it.

I dont say this lightly...but he was the most condescending person I've ever spoken to in person. He is the epitome of the guy who thinks he's always the smartest guy in the room, but has zero self awareness, and doesnt realize how he comes off to others. Compound that with questionable actions, and you have a fiery mix.

There are some good people who work for RRISD, who I've enjoyed my interactions with. Him...not so much.

Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.
DripAG08
AG
Interesting our our Dripping Supt resigned just a few weeks ago too.

Job was too much to handle likely.
aggielax48
AG
Yeah, I don't think Washburn resigned of his own free will.
TamuKid
AG
Peace!
BTHOB-98
Flores is a good dude. This school board is made up of a bunch of idiots who have no clue what they are doing. Things just got worse in this last election. This district is on the way down not up.
BTHOB-98
aggielax48 said:

Yeah, I don't think Washburn resigned of his own free will.

Neither did Flores.
AgGrad99
AG
BTHOB-98 said:

Flores is a good dude. This school board is made up of a bunch of idiots who have no clue what they are doing. Things just got worse in this last election. This district is on the way down not up.

I disagree about Flores. He's burned one too many bridges, one too many times in the community.

But if you think it's going down...maybe time to make a change, no?
BTHOB-98
AgGrad99 said:

BTHOB-98 said:

I disagree about Flores. He's burned one too many bridges, one too many times in the community.

We have four boys. I pulled three of them out of the district and paid for private school. I shouldn't have had to do that. Most people can't afford to do that. On top of that I paid about $45,000 in property tax to the district. I think I am well aware of what I can complain about.
AgGrad99
AG
Ummm...no one is telling you what you can or can't complain about. You're not the only one with multiple kids in the district, paying crazy taxes.

I am simply disagreeing with you about Flores. I've had personal interactions with him, and cannot stand him. I too, am allowed an opinion on the matter
BTHOB-98
AgGrad99 said:

Ummm...no one is telling you what you can or can't complain about. You're not the only one with multiple kids in the district, paying crazy taxes.

I am simply disagreeing with you about Flores. I've had personal interactions with him, and cannot stand him. I too, am allowed an opinion on the matter
Fair enough.
expresswrittenconsent
BTHOB-98 said:

AgGrad99 said:

BTHOB-98 said:

We have four boys. I pulled three of them out of the district and paid for private school. I shouldn't have had to do that. Most people can't afford to do that. On top of that I paid about $45,000 in property tax to the district. I think I am well aware of what I can complain about.
weird brag. I guess at least boy #4 knows where he stands (all alone in public school).
BTHOB-98
expresswrittenconsent said:

BTHOB-98 said:

AgGrad99 said:

BTHOB-98 said:

weird brag. I guess at least boy #4 knows where he stands (all alone in public school).

Not sure how it was a weird brag and boy #4 is 25 and already graduated from Cedar Ridge.
expresswrittenconsent
It was a joke because your post made it sound like 1 child was left behind.
BTHOB-98
expresswrittenconsent said:

It was a joke because your post made it sound like 1 child was left behind.

He kind of was based on the public school education he got. But it not bitter.
SteveBott
AG
I've been in the district for 26 years and got all three kids through the system. I've had zero complaints about the quality of education. And all three got degrees from A&M so they are doing something right.

And all these years there has been frictions between parents and the super/and or the board or both. The amount ebbs and flows over time. You have a significant amount of motivated parents who fight for every inch of quality they can get for their kids. It's a tough job.
SteveBott
AG
And my favorite dad brag pic

BTHOB-98
Aggieangler93
AG
This district has always had some crazy laser focused parents that think they know better than folks that have been in education all their lives and know how to get things done. I am not happy that they ran Dr. Flores off. Maybe he was a jerk in person, but I think that same philosophy, ignoring actual tangible results, because of some feels, is what is getting us Biden, now. I doubt that decision, or this one, will be very good in the long run, in retrospect. This district has been one of the best in this region for a long time.

Results matter....snowflakes need to get over themselves....

I am thankful I only have one more year with kids in public schools, so that I can then get the last one through college and figure out where taxes are cheaper to live.
AgGrad99
AG
I think every district has crazy parents. I really like RRISD, and most my interactions with people/administrators, etc have been great. We've loved our kids' schools, and the community.

My impression of Flores isnt based on feelings. It's based on things he's done and said. Let's just say, he isnt scared to burn bridges, but eventually you run out of bridges.
Aggieangler93
AG
AgGrad99 said:

I think every district has crazy parents. I really like RRISD, and most my interactions with people/administrators, etc have been great. We've loved our kids' schools, and the community.

My impression of Flores isnt based on feelings. It's based on things he's done and said. Let's just say, he isnt scared to burn bridges, but eventually you run out of bridges.
I've got 2 or 3 close friends that are principals in the district, and they have lots of respect for him and the way he does business. I also know that the morons around here really like to elect idiots to the school board, so I guess you are gonna burn some bridges with those type folks. Some of them lately, are crazier than a ****house rat!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.