Austin
Sponsored by

Liberty Hill

4,322 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by beastinBQ
WestTexasAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any Liberty Hill peeps on here? Pluses of minuses of living in that area?
rthiele84
Not many good restaurants. Only Dahlia Cafe, Happy Wok and Hobo Junction are worth going to. Need to go 10 miles south to Cedar Park. Stay away from the Mexican restaurants there.

The 3 I mentioned are really good. We have been at each several times. And Mounton's in Leander is also very good.

And if you like fishing, Winkley's is the place to go. They have everything. Great selection from a small town retail store.

Liberty Hill is a small town. They do have some subdivisions that are reasonably priced and if you have the money some really nice homes close to the river.
expresswrittenconsent
Its a Greenland/Iceland deal. Liberty Hill is actually full of criminals and Convict Hill is full of Libertarians.
MouthBQ98
AG
Growing like crazy. New neighborhoods built with fiber internet. It's a nice area. You will have about 4" of topsoil in your yard unless you have more added. Under that is limestone.
FALE
MouthBQ98 said:

Growing like crazy. New neighborhoods built with fiber internet. It's a nice area. You will have about 4" of topsoil in your yard unless you have more added. Under that is limestone.

Hell, it's all like that here in NW austin/cedar park.
ausag
AG
It's quiet! The main reason why we moved out here, plus to have more land. You get used to driving to the things you need or want to go to. I'd prefer it to stay that way, but the word is out and folks have been flocking in droves! Hence, the reason for all the development I've seen the last few months. There are several parts of town where brush is getting cleared! Kind of sad. I prefer the small town feel. It's likely to eventually turn into another Cedar Park and/or Leander. Fortunately for us we are kind off the beaten path.

I will also add that they have a pretty good school district and their sports teams are very competitive. As with the above mentioned growth, they just moved up from 4A to 5A this year! So, definitely not as small as it might appear.
falls91
AG
Small town feel, for now. Great sports programs, if you have kids and they are into that. It is a long drive to HEB in Leander, but there is a new one under construction at Hwy 29 & Ronald Reagan.
BMach
AG
What's being built at the corner of 1869 and 29?
WestTexasAg
AG
Thanks for the info.
CCAg95
AG
BMach said:

What's being built at the corner of 1869 and 29?
McCoy's
JMH
AG
I've got one definite plus for the Liberty Hill area and that is Agape BBQ. They just opened up and are basically the only legit BBQ game in town, surprisingly. Some buddies of mine are running it and they are some good dudes. If you go, make sure you wear your Aggie gear!
Personally, I preferred Liberty Hill circa 2005. Growing a little, but still felt small. But now, like everyone's said, its blowing up. Maybe some people like that though. The blending of Leander/RR/Cedar Park/Georgetown/Liberty Hill is very much underway. I'm in Round Rock, but down RM 1431 right next to CP and Leander. We like it but, we've seen the growth in our 10 years here and aren't exactly thrilled with what's coming in the next 10.
Now go get some Agape BBQ! HA
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

I will also add that they have a pretty good school district and their sports teams are very competitive. As with the above mentioned growth, they just moved up from 4A to 5A this year! So, definitely not as small as it might appear.

Crazy. It still seems so small, compared to the giant high school that my son goes to.

(I just looked it up, and it's about 1/4 the size)
Austintm
rthiele84 said:

Not many good restaurants. Only Dahlia Cafe, Happy Wok and Hobo Junction are worth going to. Need to go 10 miles south to Cedar Park. Stay away from the Mexican restaurants there.

The 3 I mentioned are really good. We have been at each several times. And Mounton's in Leander is also very good.

And if you like fishing, Winkley's is the place to go. They have everything. Great selection from a small town retail store.

Liberty Hill is a small town. They do have some subdivisions that are reasonably priced and if you have the money some really nice homes close to the river.
Exception: Santa Catarina
austinag1997
AG
rthiele84 said:

Hell or High Water.
WestTexasAg
AG
austinag1997 said:

rthiele84 said:

Hell or High Water.
That place is cool. Good food too.
Born Maroon
AG
Just bought a house there today. Howdy neighbors.
falls91
AG
What neighborhood?
Born Maroon
AG
Clearwater Ranch.
WestTexasAg
AG
Born Maroon said:

Clearwater Ranch.
That's a great area. Congrats!
Born Maroon
AG
I know there's a Wilco A&M Club.

Any Ags get together in LH from time to time? Any good place to have a Happy Hour?
falls91
AG
The Beer Market or Hell or High Water
WestTexasAg
AG
Born Maroon said:

I know there's a Wilco A&M Club.

Any Ags get together in LH from time to time? Any good place to have a Happy Hour?

I am just now getting to know the area, but we have been to Hell or High Water twice. Cool place.
Artorias
AG
We thought about moving to Liberty Hill from Cedar Park, but decided against it because Liberty Hill will be like Cedar Park in 10 years. Growing like crazy.

aggiesarah2004
AG
I've been in Austin 16 years and my husband grew up here, but we've about decided to make the move to Liberty Hill. Does anyone have insight into the Rancho Santa Fe neighborhood? What are some other areas similar to that (acre+ lots, new/newish construction, etc) that we should check out?
Plusses/minuses for the schools? We have a current 6th grader, but will probably wait til summer to move.
falls91
AG
Rancho Santa Fe is a beautiful neighborhood. The schools are good, and there is a new Middle/Jr High opening next year. My wife is realtor here and can help with other neighborhoods.
oldarmy76
Estates at Northgate
Reagans overlook...expensive
Ridge at cross creek
You could also look at a resale in gabriels overlook
81ag
AG
Wife and I moved out to Carrington Ranch last June. We love it out here. Quiet, you see the stars at night, wife feeds the deer and a few chickens wandering the neighborhood.

We haven't been to many restaurants because of Covid but have been to Hell or Highwater twice, good atmosphere and decent food. Parker's is a cool little grocery store with a meat market and walk in beer cooler. Their ribeye steaks are outstanding for grilling. Parker's also makes a decent hamburger and other sandwiches.

Winkleys is another cool store. It has almost anything you need for a hill country home or ranch. Happy to hear about the BBQ place. Will try it out.
TxAgg07
AG
Been building homes in Liberty Hill for a few years. Great little town that has good coffee, great little grocery store, and a handful of decent restaurants. Wife and I would move out that way if it wasn't so far from her job in Westlake.
beastinBQ
AG
I bought/am renovating a house in downtown LH. Live the small town. Of course it's growing. If you're down town, you're fortified to a degree. I loved waking up this summer, taking the dog for a walk, into Parker's for caffeine, then back home. Great people that have been there forever.

If you want to avoid growth/developments, go downtown or make sure you're at least 5 miles off of 29 or 183. 1869 closer to Bertram has some nice properties too!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.