Austin
Sponsored by

Lago Vista

2,759 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Furlock Bones
FightnAg02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy! We are seriously considering purchasing a home in Lago Vista ISD. Looking for any first hand feedback on the district. Like the appeal of a smaller district versus the massive 6A schools. Will have daughters in 8th, 6th and 4th. Thanks and Gig'em.
sdc177
AG
This is the only public forum I will say this on. We have daughters in middle school that have been in LVISD from pre-k and we have been very pleased. Lago Vista is a hidden gem - it is beautiful and a fantastic community. Anywhere else I will tell you it's terrible and not to move here but I am always happy to have more Ags here. Feel free to email me at my handle at gmail.
FightnAg02
Thanks so much! Dropped you an email.
Spider69
AG
Have had 2 granddaughters graduate from LVHS and one that's still a junior there from starting K-12 there. I'd say from what I've picked up on conversations and my observations as a husband of an Aggie wife that's a retired educator that LVISD is very good. Lots of political crap going on in Lago City for a long time. But none of that affects the school. Kind of concerned about future LV growth from the Tessera subdivision affecting LVISD. It's a LAKE town built around a POA (fairly inexpensive). Tessera isn't in the LV POA but it has its own. There are 6 Aggies just on my little street.
sdc177
AG
Spider69 said:

Have had 2 granddaughters graduate from LVHS and one that's still a junior there from starting K-12 there. I'd say from what I've picked up on conversations and my observations as a husband of an Aggie wife that's a retired educator that LVISD is very good. Lots of political crap going on in Lago City for a long time. But none of that affects the school. Kind of concerned about future LV growth from the Tessera subdivision affecting LVISD. It's a LAKE town built around a POA (fairly inexpensive). Tessera isn't in the LV POA but it has its own. There are 6 Aggies just on my little street.
Sounds like I need to become familiar with your street! Any 42 players? The one Ag I knew in Tessera moved to Leander.

And yeah, LVPOA is like $12/month, pretty amazing for what you get!
Furlock Bones
AG
Moving to Jonestown. So not quite LV but close.
sdc177
AG
Furlock Bones said:

The Hollows?
WestTexasAg
AG
Interesting. We have been looking to move to a smaller town in the Austin/SA area. Looked at Liberty Hill. Great area, but already getting big. Like Johnson City area, but don't know much about the schools. Maybe we should give Lago Vista a look.
Spider69
AG
sdc177 said:

Spider69 said:

Sounds like I need to become familiar with your street! Any 42 players? The one Ag I knew in Tessera moved to Leander.

And yeah, LVPOA is like $12/month, pretty amazing for what you get!

You can message me on TexAgs. But I don't spend a huge amount of time on TexAgs, typically. We play 42 & there's another Ag (that grew up 10-15 mi from my home) a short ways away that plays 42. There was a LV 42 tournament organized on Face Book at the LVPOA (K Oaks) several months ago. We were signed in to go, but then had a conflict. We're up by the Airport in LV. I'm '69; my wife is '74. My daughter next door is '94; her oldest daughter that works for Dell is '20. A neighbor (a EE) down our hill is '70. Another neighbor up our street got his MS in Aeronautical Business or something along those lines about in '18 or '19?
Spider69
AG
sdc177 said:

Furlock Bones said:

The Hollows?

The Hollows go to LVISD. But most of Jonestown is in Leander ISD.
expresswrittenconsent
The lago/Jonestown stereotype checks out.
Furlock Bones
AG
sdc177 said:

Furlock Bones said:

The Hollows?
nope. 3 acres on a hill just inside the city limits.
Furlock Bones
AG
i see the same pathetic loser chimed in on thread that has nothing to do with him.
HECUBUS
AG
We have been to LV for middle school track and/or volleyball. It's too far from our work, but a great small town feel. You are lucky if you can live out there. My brother did the North Lake Hills development and still has some lake view land with cabins in Jonestown. The growth out that way has been rapid.
austinag1997
AG
Just seeing this... been in LV since 2004. Ping me and I can share with you. 1 in intermediate; 1 in HS. Know multiple folks on the ISD Board.
FightnAg02
Drop me a note if you would please. Have a daughter that will be at the intermediate school. Would love to know more about it. kferguson9886 at gmail.
austinag1997
AG
Email sent.
Furlock Bones
AG
A view from the new casa today.

austinag1997
AG
View from mi casa right now.
OXDL45
AG
Looks pretty sweet!
OXDL45
AG
Nice!
Furlock Bones
AG
Thanks. We are very excited.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.