Austin
Sponsored by

Dismantling Of Austin PD Continues

13,050 Views | 93 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by maverick2076
op_06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thought I'd give a Halloween update for y'all. Tonight will be busy. "Embrace the suck" will be the mantra.

We've hit our 42 homicide this year and have had 4 murders in past 5 days. Record-levels of attrition. I think we're losing ~14 cops/month (normally ~5).

They just graduated ~42 cadets from academy w/ no academies scheduled in FY21 due to the council's budget cuts.

Academy class cancellation wasn't due to money issue, but rather what council perceives as poor training. I've been through two different academies and have attended hundreds of hours of training hosted by other agencies in Texas, as well as out of state. I truly believe that we have one of the most progressive and professional training academies in the US.

There won't be anymore academies until the council uncovers what they perceive as racism being ingrained into the cadets while they're out there. They've had 2 separate PHDs studying the academy course content as well as auditing classes over the past year. They've haven't uncovered the racism yet but they know it's out there somewhere. It must be.

With that being said, no more cadets being brought into the pipeline will cause our sworn staffing levels to plummet through attrition alone.

The entire southeast portion of Austin did not have a SINGLE Officer in district to respond to calls for about 30 minutes last night due to call volume in surrounding areas. There were still calls in the southeast, but higher priority calls in the Central-East side took precedence. Unreal.

evan_aggie
AG
You've got idiots pandering to other woke idiots that don't really represent the majority of people. Unfortunately having 4-5 candidates run against an incumbent splits the chance of them being ousted.

expresswrittenconsent
APD officers have time to pose for pics with white supremacists. I thought they were stretched so thin entire areas of the city weren't covered? Weird.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/protests/austin-mayor-adler-recall-protest/269-5705a7e0-e506-4f61-a0c7-ac3dd121d41a
Bucketrunner
The leftists ruin everything they touch.

White power sign? Pffffft.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
The downtown business alliance has notified folks to consider having offices closed Wednesday following the election due to expected civil unrest. I can't believe I typed that. Disgusting. I guess we've officially become a banana republic. God bless law enforcement.
Aust Ag
AG
SeaHoss said:

The downtown business alliance has notified folks to consider having offices closed Wednesday following the election due to expected civil unrest. I can't believe I typed that. Disgusting. I guess we've officially become a banana republic. God bless law enforcement.
Yeah, our office downtown posted something similar , with additional security.

Doubt they're worried about Trump supporters going crazy downtown.
op_06
AG
Yup, looks like those guys got caught with their hand in the cookie jar, intentionally posing with all those white supremacists. You caught them.

The racism within APD has finally been brought to light. And, if you look closely, the president of the WTF'rs, a minority, is even taking the picture.

How dare those officers take a few moments to pose for pictures with the public. I also had time to hand out some badge stickers to a few kids the other day at Rudy's. I'll be sure to refuse next time.

The OPO takes anonymous complaints. Feel free to shoot them an email about those officer's abhorrent behavior if it bothers you.

This is a nothing burger stirred up by a "journalist" who is generating the news vs reporting on it. Save your faux outrage for somewhere else.
Potcake
AG
Yea, you're probably right.
op_06
AG
op_06
AG
In all reality, it's stupid behavior on both parts. No one has any business pulling that crap on the road. Austin had 3 more traffic fatalities spanning two days on 10/30 and 10/31, one of which may turn into a double fatality. One of the traffic fatalities may have been caused by road rage.

The stunt pulled around the Biden bus could've easily gone south. People on both sides need to quit playing politics on the highway with other people's lives.
Potcake
AG
You're a Maxine Waters fan, spreadsheet updated.
op_06
AG
Ha! Just highlighting hypocrisy. Biden campaign canceled their Texas rally due to exact "intimidation" tactics spoken by that loon Waters.
MouthBQ98
AG
So, two d-bags at a public protest sneak in the side of a group photo and photobomb it with a gesture that is known to be a purposefully fabricated troll to mock anti-racist progressives that look to invent racism anywhere they plausibly can, and that makes the whole crowd White supremacist?
expresswrittenconsent
MouthBQ98 said:

So, two d-bags at a public protest sneak in the side of a group photo and photobomb it with a gesture that is known to be a purposefully fabricated troll to mock anti-racist progressives that look to invent racism anywhere they plausibly can, and that makes the whole crowd White supremacist?

Your party is full of those racist "dbags". It isn't just 2 of them. The president repeatedly encourages the white supremacists (Charlottesville "many good people on both sides" , at the debate "stand back and stand by"). Strange how leadership repeatedly encouraging this behavior and complete cowardice from the rest of the party (or tacit encouragement) in stating any denials or rebukes causes more openly racist activities. Hard to make the claim that you don't support the behavior when it happens on a daily basis and the bad actors are always flying trump flags.
MouthBQ98
AG
Not the debunked Charlottesville lie again...
Then we have a party that has racism in the form of disparate treatment and low expectations as part of its party platform....

Again, the WP hand signal meme was invented and spread by political trolls at 4Chan several years ago to intentionally troll the progressive media, and like the predictable suckers they are, they bought it so throughly that it's become ubiquitous. It was repeated so much by the progressives in media and social media that the idiot white supremacy types started using it based on the media exposure. It is one of the greatest trolls ever...it was made reality by the people it was mocking.

FWIW, those guys are tools for photobombing the picture with that gesture, trolling or serious. It was a dewsh thing to do, and my observation is that these Trump people don't like or want actual racists in their ranks.
Martin Cash
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Your party is full of those racist "dbags". It isn't just 2 of them. The president repeatedly encourages the white supremacists (Charlottesville "many good people on both sides" , at the debate "stand back and stand by"). Strange how leadership repeatedly encouraging this behavior and complete cowardice from the rest of the party (or tacit encouragement) in stating any denials or rebukes causes more openly racist activities. Hard to make the claim that you don't support the behavior when it happens on a daily basis and the bad actors are always flying trump flags.
Andy Dufresne: "How can you be so obtuse?"
MosesHallRAB04
AG

MouthBQ98 said:

You know your parties presidential candidate eulogized a high ranking KKK member and called him an idol, right? He's also attributed to such fine quotes as "poor kids are just as smart as white kids", "I don't want my kids growing up in a jungle, a racial jungle", and "if you don't vote for me you ain't black". But sure, Trump is the racist one.
fig96
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

You know your parties presidential candidate eulogized a high ranking KKK member and called him an idol, right? He's also attributed to such fine quotes as "poor kids are just as smart as white kids", "I don't want my kids growing up in a jungle, a racial jungle", and "if you don't vote for me you ain't black". But sure, Trump is the racist one.
Please, do your homework here before spouting off Fox News facts.

Robert Byrd, the person you're referring to, was involved in the KKK in the 1940s before going on to be one of the longest serving members of congress in US history. He often talked about how much he regretted his involvement with the organization and called it the biggest mistake he ever made.

Biden has also apologized for some of his past comments. I've never seen Trump admit he was wrong about anything.
wadd96
AG
Practice common sense. In today's society, what you did in the past is judged through the lens as of today...
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Aust Ag
AG
Aust Ag said:

Just wondering...does anyone think the council votes the way it does, especially these days, because they don't want to be that one or two on the council that votes against some of this crazy stuff because they're afraid of these lunatics? Showing up in large groups in front of their house, spray painting their car, berating them at a restaurant, etc (I mean , this happens to the Democratic Mayor in Portland and he's on their side!)

Maybe they just want to take the easy way out, and they don't really believe in what they are voting for. Well, maybe a couple.

Well, I called it. Mackenzie Kelly is getting harassed at restaurants and when she is walking to her car, etc.
emando2000
AG
Here are a few things that may upset some people but it's important. All info is 2nd hand but they seem to be legit.

Justin Berry is a friend and former officer moving to the politics side of things. I review his FB posts because he tries to inform the public of things going on. Another poster stated that these are the numbers of officers leaving.

2020 - 140 APD officers retired or moved on to another location or out of law enforcement entirely.
2021 - 90 APD officers retired or moved on so far.
(I don't know how accurate the #s are but it comes from families of officers.)
2 Names that are thrown around are Chris Harris & Chas Moore. Many are not happy that they're so influential.

A coworker knows an APD recruiter really well that vets all incoming candidates. Apparently they train 90 candidates in a class. This month they only had around 70 candidates that pass through the vetting process and his boss told him to fill the class even though they might not meet the full criteria.

It's a sad situation and I cannot believe the city is run this way. How anyone wants to become an officer is beyond me but I appreciate everything they do.
MaroonStain
AG
fig96 said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

Please, do your homework here before spouting off Fox News facts.

Robert Byrd, the person you're referring to, was involved in the KKK in the 1940s before going on to be one of the longest serving members of congress in US history. He often talked about how much he regretted his involvement with the organization and called it the biggest mistake he ever made.

Biden has also apologized for some of his past comments. I've never seen Trump admit he was wrong about anything.

I apologize for not accepting apologies from racist career bureaucratic thieves.
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/retired-austin-police-officer-says-she-147-others-left-the-force-because-of-budget-cuts

Here is another "source", I use quotes because its CBS quoting a pseudonym on social but seems legit
t-shirt fan

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/at-442-million-austin-proposes-largest-police-budget-yet
maverick2076
It will take years to recover from the attrition over the last couple years and the lack of academies. And until the DA's office and city council start supporting APD and stop stabbing them in the back, the department is going to continue hemorrhaging experienced officers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.