Austin
Sponsored by

Anybody catch this from Adler yesterday....."Restitution"

3,956 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Potcake
Aust Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From the UnAmerican-Statesman

Adler added his voice to those of mayors in cities throughout the country calling on federal leaders to build a national program of restitution for descendants of slaves that would help address the wealth gap between Black Americans that has widened across generations.

"We must also do the work here. We would not be alone in this work. Cities around the country (Asheville, Providence, Durham, Tulsa and others) are owning up to the physical, emotional and economic violence visited upon people of color by the communities they call home," Adler said.

Adler asked City Council members to begin planning a path toward restitution, saying there has already been movement in that direction and city leaders should support those trying to push the initiative forward.
"It will require us to be intentional about addressing our history and righting the wrongs. It is the work of saying Black lives matter," he said.
chet98
AG
Wow. Just wow. Penalize current generations for sins of 7+ generations ago?!?!? How about proving your ancestors never owned slaves to get out of paying this tax?
The Fall Guy
AG
Wow. Just wow
Austintm
It's a not well-kept secret that Adler is angling for a cabinet position, so this is not surprising.
Frozen Concoction
It would likely be implemented in the form of a slush fund to pay back political donors enterprise fund to promote minority owned businesses.
FaceMask
Adler needs an ass whooping. He lives in his ivory tower (literally a Penthouse at the W Hotel) while downtown is pretty much shut down except "protests". F this *******.
Aust Ag
AG
No kidding. Has anyone seen him do any sort of press outside his messy bunker?
BlazingSaddles
So glad that I moved out of Austin and Travis County. Took us long enough, but thankful to be on the outside looking in this time.
Aust Ag
AG
Aust Ag said:

No kidding. Has anyone seen him do any sort of press outside his messy bunker?
Also, has anyone seen him make any appearance whatsoever in a mask? You know, like the Governor and President?
Throwout
AG
He was wearing one so he could attend the BLM protest.

tailgatetimer10
AG
I think I'm out next as well. Specifically the last 2 years has taken crazy turns all at the hands of Adler.

Does anyone actually like this dude? Serious question
Aust Ag
AG
That was probably the last time, he doesn't make public appearances. Maybe he's in a cabin in Colorado.
tailgatetimer10
AG
Holy crap, ya'll are right.
Martin Cash
AG
Throwout said:

He was wearing one so he could attend the BLM protest.

To read what's on his mask, you'd have to violate the social distancing rules.
Aust Ag
AG
tailgatetimer10 said:

Holy crap, ya'll are right.
That's what I'm saying, anyone know any other major official (state or national), that hasn't made some sort of appearance the last few months???
Aust Ag
AG
Aust Ag said:

INo kidding. Has anyone seen him do any sort of press outside his messy bunker?
Well, about a month later, same answer. Some "leader". Can you name any other high profile politician you haven't seen in public, state or national?
ttu_85
Even liberals hate this guy. I can't stand to look at this vermin.
BCR
ttu_85 said:

Then why is he elected?
Austintm
BCR said:

ttu_85 said:

Then why is he elected?
Whoever the Democratic Party candidate is for pretty much any office in Travis County gets elected.
ttu_85
BCR said:

ttu_85 said:

Then why is he elected?
Progressives. There is a difference. Austin is going to tank. Lived there of 27 years made my money and I am gone. Out before idiots like him tax everyone to death.
Potcake
AG
Was that as cathartic as you had hoped?
CowtownEng
Potcake said:

Was that as cathartic as you had hoped?

You sure seem to get defensive when any criticism of Austin is made. I also lived in Austin for several years (many years ago), and while the city has a lot of great things to offer, it's also undeniable that the local government (and many of the new citizens) have taken a sharp left turn.
Potcake
AG
Nah, ttu is just an insufferable ass.

ETA, on multiple boards.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.