Austin
Sponsored by

orthopedic surgeon

2,002 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggiederelict
SpiderD02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for orthopedic surgeon in Austin area? I am on the northwest side but willing to drive anywhere. Posted on health and fitness also, looks like I may have torn my bicep.
Drip99
AG
Dr. Mathew Crawford in Westlake did my Labrum and a bunch of other stuff for my family.
aggiederelict
I like Dr. Crawford, Dr. Robert Graham, and also I really like Dr. Carolyn Hyde.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Your question is to generic. Most surgeons have a speciality these days. I have used sevetal surgeons at texas othopedics.

Dr.John macdonold (hip )
Dr. Smoot (ankle)
AustinScubaAg
AG
DP
ATXAdvisor
AG
Agree the that you may want to focus on someone that focuses on the parts of your body that are hurt...

Shoulder - Ed Seade
Knee - Mike Andreo
aggiederelict
His post says torn bicep so that is pretty specific and those docs I listed are specific to shoulder issues.
ATXAdvisor
AG
Yep...I see that now. I read right over that earlier without registering it. My mistake.
SpiderD02
AG
Many thanks. I have an appointment day after Christmas with Texas orthopedics, don't recall specific doctor but have the name written down somewhere.
AgTDub
AG
aggiederelict said:

I like Dr. Crawford, Dr. Robert Graham, and also I really like Dr. Carolyn Hyde.

Another recommendation for Dr Hyde. Didn't need surgery but broke my leg playing football in HS and she was my Dr.
Austintm
Austin Sports Medicine excellent group. Doug Elenz has done ortho work for several teams, and is the ortho surgeon for UT sports

BurnetAggie99
If it's a shoulder, elbow, knee or whatever, I'm going to Dr. John Paul Rodriguez in Austin. He worked under Dr. James Andrews the top orthopedic in the country and works on all the pro athletes, Dr. Rodriguez has treated some of the best athletes in the world, including players from the NHL, NFL, NBA, and MLB.

http://www.jprodriguezmd.com/MeettheDoctor
coupland boy
AG
Jack Seaquist at Austin Regional Clinic.

Worked on me twice in the 80's and recently did my knee replacement. He's good
aggiederelict
I would stay away from Dr. Seade. I have had multiple complaints about his office from patients of mine.
wadd96
AG
Robert Graham did my shoulder/biceps.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
SpiderD02
AG
Probably should have updated this thread also, I did on Health and Fitness. I went to Texas Orthopedics and Dr. Hurt did surgery last week. So far no complaints.
wadd96
AG
Good luck on your recovery. Stick with the rehab schedule.
aggiederelict
If anyone needs a good PT to help with their recovery, I would be glad to help. All treatments are one-one-one in a private clinic. My office is in the Westlake area.

For those who are recovering from surgery I would suggest doing PT in a standard clinic first, then when you need some more hands on treatment that is where I can really help.
coupland boy
AG
Username checks out.
wadd96
AG
Man, if it weren't an hour drive each way...
aggiederelict
Well if you can find a way to make it this way I would gladly provide you a nice Aggie discount.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.