Austin
Sponsored by

TCAD is a Joke

2,076 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BiochemAg97
AustinScubaAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I had my protest hearing today. The TCAD representative looked at his own comps without me ever saying a word and recommended a reduction of $55K in the appraised value to what is essentially market value for the area. It seems like they over appraised in hopes people would not protest.
tamc93
AG
Congrats on winning, most of us do not.
FJB, FPA, and FAZ
AustinScubaAg
AG
There were a couple of people chatting while we waited sounded like a lot of people were were winning their protest.
WC94
AG
When the downtown library cost 126 million, they rely on people not protesting. Good news is, when you can't afford your house, just pitch a tent wherever you like.
chipotle
Quote:

It seems like they over appraised in hopes people would not protest.

tailgatetimer10
AG
Anyone have any experience at WCAD?
zooguy96
tailgatetimer10 said:

Anyone have any experience at WCAD?

About the same. Protest it, and they'll lower it. They raised ours $20k too much, I protested, and they dropped it.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I've never done it, guess I should try
BiochemAg97
AG
zooguy96 said:

tailgatetimer10 said:

They Anyone have any experience at WCAD?

About the same. Protest it, and they'll lower it. They raised ours $20k too much, I protested, and they dropped it.
Definitely. Most of the times I went to WCAD, they offered a reduction pretty quick. I think the last time, I just went online to protest and there was an immediate offer to reduce and settle without doing anything.

Eventually, I got tired of taking the time to go down and deal with it and now just pay someone else. Can't say i come out ahead with someone else handling it, but it is one less thing I have to deal with every year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.