Austin
Sponsored by

Best internet service for cord cutting in Austin

5,601 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rcannaday
CapCity12thMan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Specturm 400 Ultimate: $92/month
YouTubeTV on Rokus: $50/month

I was closer to $200/month with Spectrum providing TV, and I was on a slower internet plan (100/10 ). So I saved money and upped my internet (both work at home, I do a lot of video streaming on top of Rokus and kids).

I have bought 4 Roku sticks ($40-$60 each), but that has already paid for itself with the savings above. I kind of like not having cable boxes in the house taking up space. The simplicity of your TV just being plugged in and not having a bunch of other equipment is part of the draw for me. I previously had a receiver, big floor speakers, etc. but decided to junk them (20+ yrs old) and make our living area more minimalist.

Since this, we have added two TVs to the house. One I bought a TCL Roku TV for outside under our patio/deck and the other I got when someone was unloading a large TV from their office when closing down. $50 later our guest room has a roku in it and we're good to go. That previously would have meant two more cable boxes to rent.
austinag1997
AG
You don't have to pay equipment fees with Spectrum. Return the boxes and get Roku sticks, and download the Spectrum app. Works just like having a box.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I can't imagine watching Fox News or any cable news network.

ATT has been good for me since switching from Grande. Grandes customer service is way better though,

60 bucks
Plus YouTubeTV at 50
Amazon included with Prime
Netflix (shared account)
HuluTV (shared account)

tamc91
AG
Anyone in the Circle C or SW Austin use Grande Communications for internet?

They have some specials running the are pretty competitive, but I've seen mixed reviews. Most of the bad reviews seem to be people in apartments though.
StaffingMgr

Bumping to the top. Having issues w/ ATT and looks like Google Fiber is a better option in my area (East Side off Cesar). May also check out Spectrum.
rcannaday
AG
FYI. Google Fiber bumped up their monthly expenses for both cable and TV. I have kept the fiber from Google but moved to Youtube TV.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.