Austin
Sponsored by

Pool Cost Georgetown?

12,412 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by oldarmy76
DeangeloVickers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Reliant came and did some minor fixes this weekend for pennies.
MPython43
Yikes.

What is your company Opie03? Always good to know other Ags in the pool industry in general, but especially locally.

I'm on the service side and own Patriot Pool & Spa.
CrawfordAg
AG
Bump here, just had a horrible experience with Aqua Pools we have been in negotiation and signed a contract back in May. We chose fiberglass due to the amount of rock and just overall lower maintenance over the years. The mold we were going to go with was in production and supposed to be ready by end of August with install in September. The sales guy came out all of two times and seemed very dismissive over any questions or concerns we had surrounding logistics. We were worried about the water easement that runs outside our fence and how it would drain after they brought there excavating equipment in after going through our fence.

Long story short, answers on lead time, logistics,etc... were given very short answers if any at all. The production of the mold was pushed out into late October with a November finish date. It seems they would be a little more proactive in answering our questions, we couldn't give away $70K them and at the end of the day we both decided to part ways luckily getting our deposit back.

Any other recommendations in the South Austin/Buda area would be highly appreciated.
Leander - Ag
AG
Pool demand is thru the roof. It's a bad experience when they need the business. Could not imagine going through the process now.
Complete Idiot
It's been two years since Reliant built our pool and we are still happy with it. Novelty has work off for the kids, but we have gotten use out of it during a hot pandemic summer.
09Ag
AG
I moved back to Georgetown this summer and wanted to get started on a pool ASAP. I've had a very hard time even getting pool companies to return calls. They are all so busy most of them are not eager to take on any more work right now.
Apache
AG
Look up Iconic Pools.
Owner is an Ag & based out of Kyle/Buda area. A little more expensive than others, but the work is flawless & he is as meticulous as anyone I've seen. (Saying that as a contractor who has worked with at least a dozen pool companies in the Austin/Lakeway/Buda area)
oldarmy76
In the process of having a pool built right now. Shotcrete was last Friday, form boards around the back came off last night and revealed that the rebar had not been placed correctly. I guess there were no spacers in and the rebar is all the way up against the exterior of the pool...in some places, the rebar is poking out. It does not have the 1.5" of concrete over the edge of the rebar.
The rebar is obviously not providing any structural value and is also destined for corrosion and Spaulding. I sent pictures to my pool builder and let him know this was a problem and that I needed to get someone out to look at the pool structurally. Does anyone have recommendations of who I could reach out to to do an independent inspection?
I get residential construction is generally not good, and the walls are built 12" thick, but the idea of no effective reinforcement and the future issues is making me nervous.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.