Austin
Sponsored by

Ghost town apartments on Parmer

1,453 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JB
Blahhead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I drove around Parmer and Heatherwilde today and saw an apartment complex I noticed a while back. When I first saw these apartments, I was in shock by the size of the project, as it had to run at least mile long. It starts around Parmer and runs to the gym way on the other side.

Anyway, it looks like it's been left to rot. Does anyone know what happened? Did the funding fall through? It looks like the buildings will have to be demolished and can't be salvaged.
Frozen Concoction
Your post made me curious. I dug up this article:
http://kxan.com/2017/06/02/io-at-tech-ridge-apartments-abandoned-for-nearly-a-year-amid-lawsuit/
JB
AG
I work for another apartment builder currently building in town and we heard the GC went through like 6 superintendents ina short period of time and things just went off the rails. Some pretty major oversight on a few things, including maybe forgetting to run gas lines to the buildings? I worked with the old HUD inspector and he said it was a train wreck.

I heard a few other GCs were working on bids to get it complete, but that was probably a year ago.
Aust Ag
AG
I think almost everyone in town has looked at getting that thing back in motion again, but wow, it's deteriorated so much that you'd almost have to take it down to the foundation and start from there.

Also, it's trending toward a renters' market now, and it may not be the best time to restart this thing. Great location though, and visible from freeway.
JB
AG
We use the same plumber and their foreman told me the police came in one day and just kicked everyone out. They guys had to leave all their tools etc in their container. I still don't know if they got them back. Strange deal for sure.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.