Austin
Sponsored by

Christmas Lights

2,162 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MosesHallRAB04
sirhc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have recommendations for neighborhoods that are good locations to view christmas lights?
Mike Elko
AG
Not neighborhood specific, but some options:

http://do512.com/christmaslights?utm_source=Do512+Top+Picks&utm_campaign=173cdcc929-Daily_Top_Picks_2017_12_6&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f52e0bba42-173cdcc929-80863565

We went to Mozart's Monday evening. Nice experience, especially if you have kids.
rather be fishing
AG
The trashy Christmas lights on a 37 1/2 Street used to be worth checking out but they've been lacking in recent years. There's a neighborhood in Cedar Park that used to do a big coordinated effort but I don't remember the name.
Aggieangler93
AG
These are technically Cedar Park/Round Rock....

Have you seen Elfvis or the Rhodes family over by Lakeline mall area that have about 100K lights to the musical tracks?

Elfvis:
https://www.facebook.com/deckthelawn/

Rhodes:
https://www.facebook.com/RhodesFamilyChristmas/

Both are fantastic shows, but are nestled within other areas with mediocre lights. You could make an evening out of seeing both of these, as they are about 12 to 15 miles apart as the crow flies. We usually do this a few times during each Christmas season, as those two in specific have become traditions for us.

Looks like there are some more in the area also, if you want to make an evening Northwest....
http://cedarparktxliving.com/family-fun/best-holiday-light-displays-in-cedar-park/

I cannot vouch for some of those on the list, but I am going to have to get by there this year and see them. I didn't realize there were so many in this area now.

Also, if you get there early enough, the lights in Old Settlers park in Round Rock, near the Dell Diamond, are worth a look. It is set up like trail of lights, and much like trail of lights in the early days, (at least 35 years ago when I was a kid), you can drive through them and not have to worry about trying to park in Austin (which blows).
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Aggieangler93
AG
Also, if you happen to be near Cuero, they have a decent light trail setup in their city park. It is a drive through.

Marble Falls, has a walk through one. Get to it early, walk through, get pic with Santa, and then go eat some pie at Bluebonnet Cafe!!!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Mark Feldspar
AG
The lights in Johnson City are also pretty impressive on the Pedernales Electric Co-op and Town Hall. A good little loop with The Marble Falls for those on the west side.
Husky Boy Jr.
AG
We have a small but nice trail of lights in lakeway next to city hall. Zero crowds
expresswrittenconsent
rather be fishing said:

The trashy Christmas lights on a 37 1/2 Street used to be worth checking out but they've been lacking in recent years. There's a neighborhood in Cedar Park that used to do a big coordinated effort but I don't remember the name.

That hasn't been a thing for the better part of 10 yrs, has it?
CapCity12thMan
AG
has anyone been to the COTA lights this year? I have heard it is good, not great but really expensive.
rather be fishing
AG
expresswrittenconsent said:

rather be fishing said:

That hasn't been a thing for the better part of 10 yrs, has it?
It's been hit or miss. Wife and I always seem to end up in the vicinity having dinner at somewhere along Guad and decide to swing through.

It seems like there's some half-assed people who want to keep it happening but there hasn't been a real show since like 2011.
jah003
S
If you live in Cedar Park, Chinati Court is pretty legit. Spent about 45 minutes there Friday night. They had a fire pit, great lights and Santa for the little one.

Gonna check out Johnson City this week.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
I think admin is $16. There are a bunch of extras you can buy. It was ok but I was underwhelmed. It could get better next year.

The lights along the track are just kind of there. Candy cane here. Elf there.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.