Austin
Sponsored by

In search of Grief counselor - specializing in lost children

8,086 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BadMoonRisin
AnalogyAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, I was going to ask her name also. God bless Nori and Peace for all of you. Know that God knows and understands everything you all are going through. You can't understand why, but ask Him to remain close with you. Christ will always reveal himself to those who seek him. Seek not answers, but love.
ellebee
That's horrible. I'm so sorry for your loss.
Drip99
AG
Very sorry for your loss. We lost a child at 10 days of age and saw Khris Ford at Austin center for grief and loss. I am not sure if she still practices but I am sure they have qualified staff. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
MosesHallRAB04
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

MosesHallRAB04 said:

My wife has a lot of connections in this field. What area are you in? If you haven't found anyone yet I might be able to give names based on area.
Pflugerville, but anyone in North Austin area would work

My wife echoed the grief and loss center. This is right up their alley. She also said you can look up providers in your area on psychology today.
wargograw
OP, wanted to PM you but you don't have it. Please email me (username @ yahoo.com). I would love to just make you guys some dinner or do some work around the house if it would help y'all out. Please don't hesitate.
chipotle

txjortsagent
AG
Crying for you as I post this. I lost a son years ago. I found strength in my Aggie family and in my church family. So so sorry for your loss.
ATX_AG_08
AG
So sorry for your loss.

Sending payers.
thirty-two
AG
Praying for you and your family. So very sorry.
Bitter Old Man
AG
There are no words. My heart goes out to you and your wife.

If you are still looking for counseling recs, I highly recommend Nicole Fitzpatrick at Hyde Park Counseling Center.
BadMoonRisin
AG
wargograw said:

OP, wanted to PM you but you don't have it. Please email me (username @ yahoo.com). I would love to just make you guys some dinner or do some work around the house if it would help y'all out. Please don't hesitate.
For the last two weeks we have been blessed with family who have been stopping by, keeping us company, fed, and taking care of all of our daily minutia as we deal with arrangements and counseling. I think we are good but thank you so much for offering help (chipotle as well.)

Thank you.
txjortsagent
AG
i'd like to help as well should anything be needed.

Know that we've got your back.
Potcake
AG
BadMoon,
You and your wife have been in my prayers since your post. I sincerely hope you both are healing.
Aggietaco
AG
Agreed, hope all is well with you and your wife. My e-mail is in my profile if a random Austin Aggie can be of any assistance such as what wargograw and jorts offered.
TXAG4EVR
AG
I cannot imagine your pain. Another potential listener for each of you: a Stephen Minister. Ask if your church has a Stephen Ministry program. They aren't counselors (you probably need that, too), but they are trained listeners. Your Aggie family cares.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Ah hey, thanks guys. Didn't know this thread was still getting attention. My wife and I have been seeing a counselor and even though the last few months were some of the hardest times of our lives, I think we are beginning to see and feel hopeful again for the future.

Our family and friends have been phenomenal support for us and my wife has proven to be the strongest woman I have ever known. I want to thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers.

Although it can be difficult for me sometimes to look at, I'd like to share a picture with you all:

https://imgur.com/a/exn9X

I posted this in the baseball game thread for one of the games against Mississippi state. This was the outfit we chose to bury her in.

We also started a scholarship fund in her name and raised over $16k. The scholarships will be given to children who were students of my wife while she was pregnant with Nori.

I still miss her every day. Rest in Peace, my sweet Eleanor.
Potcake
AG
Still praying for y'all.
PabloSerna
AG
T&P for you and your family. We lost a child in 1999 due to miscarriage. We still include little Miguel in our prayers. We know that one day we will all be together in God's house. Take care!
cityagboy
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

Ah hey, thanks guys. Didn't know this thread was still getting attention. My wife and I have been seeing a counselor and even though the last few months were some of the hardest times of our lives, I think we are beginning to see and feel hopeful again for the future.

Our family and friends have been phenomenal support for us and my wife has proven to be the strongest woman I have ever known. I want to thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers.

Although it can be difficult for me sometimes to look at, I'd like to share a picture with you all:

https://imgur.com/a/exn9X

I posted this in the baseball game thread for one of the games against Mississippi state. This was the outfit we chose to bury her in.

We also started a scholarship fund in her name and raised over $16k. The scholarships will be given to children who were students of my wife while she was pregnant with Nori.

I still miss her every day. Rest in Peace, my sweet Eleanor.
You and your wife seem to be doing great. I do not know you but I am proud of you!

One of the most powerful things someone said to me when I was dealing with life was "I am here with you and will continue to be with you." We as Aggies are here with you. If you are having a bad day pick one of us and send a message.
stallion6
AG
Very sorry for you loss. Your family is in our prayers and may God grant you strength.
Aggietaco
AG
I missed it earlier but thanks for sharing an update and a picture of your beautiful girl. Happy to hear that you and your wife are doing well and with a strong support group.
BadMoonRisin
AG
PabloSerna said:

T&P for you and your family. We lost a child in 1999 due to miscarriage. We still include little Miguel in our prayers. We know that one day we will all be together in God's house. Take care!

I am sorry for your loss.

Thank you everyone for your continued prayers. This is a hard night for us, but reading your responses helps.

Again, thank you.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Aggietaco said:

I missed it earlier but thanks for sharing an update and a picture of your beautiful girl. Happy to hear that you and your wife are doing well and with a strong support group.

Thank you
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.