Posted on premium as well --
Saw Roy's story come across my feed this morning. Thought it was appropriate to share today.

JL18 said:
Thank you so much for sharing their story.
wareagle044 said:
Oral and Debbie Capps of College Station have a story as well. He was there for meetings and she was in the Marriott. Engine 3. Ladder 12 were the firefighters who got them to safety.
Several of those firefighters were lost. Ladder 12 was a significant sign to them because of the 12th Man. I could never do their story justice and can't find an article telling it.
I visited the station for breakfast with the firefighters of that station in 2016. An absolute honor to be inside those walls.
We lost Debbie in 2024. Wonderful family and people.
They were at Virginia Tech the same time as my dad for college and I was good friends with their son growing up in College Station.