CS Council Elections

1,078 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by woodiewood
cypress-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have not seen any good information on the candidates running for seats in College Station. I've seen the signs in front of homes but don't remember seeing any interviews on the people running for these spots. I want whomever will lower taxes and not commit the city to boondoggles.

91_Aggie
AG
Yes, can someone point out the Eastside contingent of candidates so I can vote for the other one.
doubledog
https://business.bcschamber.org/events/details/local-candidates-forum-october-2024-3521

cypress-ag
AG

City Elections - City of College Station (cstx.gov)

David White v Valen Cepak Seat 3

Melissa McIlhaney v Aron Collins Seat 4

Tre Watson v Scott Shafer Seat 6

Seat 5 - Bob Yancy is unopposed.
RafterAg223
AG
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like a tremendous slate of candidates this year if you are looking for anyone that will actually fight to build and maintain a lean and responsible budget, keep taxes low, or stand in the way of crazy decisions that have landed the city in way too much litigation over the years.
belowpar
AG
Anyone voted? What was the line like today?
Frisco
AG
It's crazy at utilities. I'll go back later
MiMi
S
Frisco said:

It's crazy at utilities. I'll go back later

I recommend going to Galilee Baptist Church in Bryan. Voted this morning. Easy parking, no line.
CS78
So no fiscally conservative or libertarian type candidates?
EliteElectric
CS78 said:

So no fiscally conservative or libertarian type candidates?
The people are safer when properly taxed. If you let us keep more of our earnings there will be less for them to spend, and before too long we won't even need them. Now who wants that amiright?
www.elitellp.net/

maddiedou
AG
cypress-ag said:

City Elections - City of College Station (cstx.gov)

David White v Valen Cepak Seat 3

Melissa McIlhaney v Aron Collins Seat 4

Tre Watson v Scott Shafer Seat 6

Seat 5 - Bob Yancy is unopposed.

Is not tre watson a tu running back and A BLM supporter

Maybe scott shafer is the same but he looks like he taught aand graduated from A&M

maddiedou
trouble
AG
There's a Tre Watson who plays for the Aggies but he's not the one running for city council. The former sip player is also not the Tre running for city council.
Stupe
S
Everyone that I know that is voting for Watson is a Harris / Walz voter
Brazos County Dems were handing out signs for him at one point.

Same thing for Cepak. He's the guy that started a thread and gave a bunch of word salad answers. He threw the word "conservative" around a lot. None of his answers were conservative viewpoints.
Then he stopped posting.
maddiedou
AG
trouble said:

There's a Tre Watson who plays for the Aggies but he's not the one running for city council. The former sip player is also not the Tre running for city council.

Thanks.
maddiedou
MsDoubleD81
AG
Tre Watson works at Lowes College Station. Well, I haven't seen him in a while though.
trouble
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

Tre Watson works at Lowes College Station. Well, I haven't seen him in a while though.
I believe this one IS the candidate.
woodiewood
Valen Cepak was interviewed on KBTX news just now and my comments are.

He avoided any yes or not when asked about the city's role in purchasing property and either selling it or leasing it. He said the city should actively participate in the Post Oak Mall to promote the small businesses.

****My comment would be that the city should never purchase any property that is not intended for current city use or future projected use. Also, I don't know if the city should spend taxpayers moneies to directly support specific businesses and properties.

He also said the city needs to partner with A&M to build more student housing as A&M has not build any housing in decades.

**** My comment is that the city should not be involved at all in building student housing. It appears that the private sector is doing an adequate job in doing so? If A&M needs more, let them build more dorms on the West campus. Supplying student housing to me is not a city's role.

He then stated that the city needs to increase its activity in building low-income housing so that more persons can afford to purchase a home.

**** I think the city of CS should avoid the building of low income housing with down-payment assistance as much as possible. Money doesn't grow on trees and all of this will be paid for by the taxpayers.

If down-payment assistance is made, it either needs to be paid back over time or the homeowner contributes their time in public activities?

I admire his interest and energy in wanting to run for office but I didn't see much that I agree with as I am a small government person and government should supply essential city services and perhaps a limited exposure in other opportunities that all citizens can use such as parks.

I have not heard of what his opponent stands for.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.