Any other Normangee ISD parents in here?

1,102 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by histag10
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any more insight into the call yesterday and email today? We are in elementary, and I presume this was in JH or HS. We don't know many other families yet, so the JH HS gossip hasn't hit us.

Edit- for those wondering: Rusty has posted the official statement from the school that was sent out to all parents today.
michellecan
My son and dil live in Normangee. They aren't happy campers.
scd88
AG
What information is out there?
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
To save people the search if interested:

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/10/19/normangee-isd-asks-public-more-information-surrounding-inappropriate-behavior-teacher/

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/10/17/normangee-isd-employee-leave-following-inappropriate-behavior-involving-student/
woodiewood
Other than maybe stating whether it was at the Elem, JH or HS, it sounds to me like until the person put on leave is charged with something, the school did all they could do.

You start putting out names what happened and the authorities determine it was made up, you will face a lawsuit by the person against the school. That occured in Lufkin area where two cheerleaders accused a coach of sexual actions and after the investigation the girls admitted that they made it up and nothing had occured.

The coach sued the school and won and settled with the school district.

histag10
AG
I get not naming names. It's a small town, so I'm sure 99% of the people know.

I would have appreciated knowing elem, jh,or hs- though to be fair, all students are in the same building just separated by hallways.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.