Is Trash Collection Delayed this Week?

1,538 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by threecatcorner
UhOhNoAgTag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw a post by COCS that it's delayed one day due to the accident on Tuesday. But the alert from CSCurbside says tomorrow is collection day (no delay).

Anyone have the real scoop?
Hornbeck
AG
I stopped the guy on our route. He said they decided to catch up

KBTX said everyone was shifting a day, but apparently, they're caught up. I had to drag mine to the curb quickly.
UhOhNoAgTag
LOL. Our HOA sent an email that it's delayed. Gonna be a lot of p'd off people!
Hornbeck
AG
UhOhNoAgTag said:

LOL. Our HOA sent an email that it's delayed. Gonna be a lot of p'd off people!

Indeed!
techno-ag
AG
Heard on the radio it was because of the woman hit by a garbage truck.

https://wtaw.com/college-station-police-investigating-a-pedestrian-who-dies-after-being-struck-by-a-city-garbage-truck/
threecatcorner
The collection schedule had regular dates listed, but their website at https://www.cstx.gov/cms/one.aspx?portalId=12410917&pageId=16019695 says, "Scheduled solid waste collections have been pushed back one day through Saturday."

They did not pick up on my street.

If they announce delaying a day, going by the places they'd normally go today's a little pointless since they'll need to come back tomorrow since a bunch of people didn't put their garbage cans on the curb today.
MsDoubleD81
AG
How did they "catch up" if people were waiting a day before putting out the trash?
Hornbeck
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

How did they "catch up" if people were waiting a day before putting out the trash?

Guessing there will be some upset people. He said they worked later yesterday to catch up. Would have been helpful for the city to say something!
dubi
AG
I read it would be delayed, but put mine out anyway and it was good that I did. The truck did our normal Thursday route.

Agree folks will be pissed.
MsDoubleD81
AG
And then the city will probably pay OT to go pick up who did not leave out. Typical.
etmydst
AG
What's typical? Your speculation?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Hope I don't derail, but what exactly happened for a professor to be killed in an apartment complex parking lot.

It just seems bizarre for an adult to be killed by a slow moving loud vehicle in a parking lot.
MiMi
S
Esteban du Plantier said:

Hope I don't derail, but what exactly happened for a professor to be killed in an apartment complex parking lot.

It just seems bizarre for an adult to be killed by a slow moving loud vehicle in a parking lot.

No details have been released. I am also curious, but I suspect it will be some time before we know any details.

Such a tragic accident. I feel for all involved.
woodiewood
UhOhNoAgTag said:

I saw a post by COCS that it's delayed one day due to the accident on Tuesday. But the alert from CSCurbside says tomorrow is collection day (no delay).

Anyone have the real scoop?
I just put mine out on the regular day and not worried about it.
woodiewood
MiMi said:

Esteban du Plantier said:

No details have been released. I am also curious, but I suspect it will be some time before we know any details.

Such a tragic accident. I feel for all involved.
Tragic indeed. I suspect she walking through the parking lot to her vehicle as routine every day and was either not paying attention or looking down at her phone and walked right into the truck's path. The truck driver was probably looking down the lot to see where the dumpster was and not watching nearby cars.

W/o witnesses, they may never be able to determine exactly what occured.

Either way, really sad.
MsDoubleD81
AG
The city paying twice for something. If trash isn't set out today, for those who saw the alert that trash would be delayed, they'll go back out tomorrow and pick it up? Why not just stick with the delayed schedule instead of "catching up" and not telling anyone.
FlyRod
Mine came as scheduled, Wednesday morning.
maroon barchetta
Does the truck have a dash cam?
trouble
AG
It has multiple cameras. The people who need to know what happened, know. Out of respect for the family, nothing else needs to be released.
maroon barchetta
trouble said:

It has multiple cameras. The people who need to know what happened, know. Out of respect for the family, morning else needs to be released.

I'm not suggesting it be released. Just telling the other poster that if it has dash cameras they likely know what happened.
threecatcorner
Mine was picked up today. They normally do ours on Thursdays. We didn't put ours by the curb until today because we saw the notice about the delay, but some of our neighbors put theirs out yesterday and their trash also wasn't collected until today.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.