Wickson Water

2,109 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by woodiewood
Jetty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We live off of HWY 30 a few miles from Central church. We have been under water restrictions the last 2 summers. I can't imagine what is going to happen when the new subdivision gets completed. Anyone have any inside scoop on how they are planning on providing water for all of us?
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
No inside scoop, but this is off the website:

Future Infrastructure improvements planned in the near and distant future.

In 2019 Wickson Creek SUD completed an Engineering Water Supply Study to develop an additional water supply for the Wickson Creek SUD. The study addresses the current rated production capacity and life expectancy of existing infrastructure. It made recommendations for future capital investments to keep pace with current and future water supply needs through the year 2066. The study included recommendations for additional water wells, water treatment facilities, storage capacity, distribution improvements, and infrastructure maintenance intervals.

Based on the study recommendations, Wickson Creek recently completed the drilling of an additional water well. It will ultimately add over 2,000 GPM to the Wickson Creek water distribution system. Other improvements taking place will increase ground and elevated storage capacity by over 2,000,000 (million) gallons.

Wickson Creek SUD is already looking to the future and preparing to stay ahead of projected demand. The Utility is uniquely positioned to invest approximately $20,000,000 (million) in capital improvements over the next 8-10 years to expand the water distribution system and its capacity for current and future customers.

https://wicksoncreek.com/documents/104/Wickson_Creek_SUD_Projects.pdf
Charpie
AG
Jetty said:

We live off of HWY 30 a few miles from Central church. We have been under water restrictions the last 2 summers. I can't imagine what is going to happen when the new subdivision gets completed. Anyone have any inside scoop on how they are planning on providing water for all of us?
Oh and no one in my hood pays attention to the water restrictions. No lie, there are at least 3 houses within a block of mine who water everyday in the middle of the day
Jetty
AG
Thank you for this info!
maroon barchetta
Charpie said:

Jetty said:

Oh and no one in my hood pays attention to the water restrictions. No lie, there are at least 3 houses within a block of mine who water everyday in the middle of the day

See something, say something
Rex Racer
AG
Mr.Short-termMemory said:

No inside scoop, but this is off the website:

Future Infrastructure improvements planned in the near and distant future.

In 2019 Wickson Creek SUD completed an Engineering Water Supply Study to develop an additional water supply for the Wickson Creek SUD. The study addresses the current rated production capacity and life expectancy of existing infrastructure. It made recommendations for future capital investments to keep pace with current and future water supply needs through the year 2066. The study included recommendations for additional water wells, water treatment facilities, storage capacity, distribution improvements, and infrastructure maintenance intervals.

Based on the study recommendations, Wickson Creek recently completed the drilling of an additional water well. It will ultimately add over 2,000 GPM to the Wickson Creek water distribution system. Other improvements taking place will increase ground and elevated storage capacity by over 2,000,000 (million) gallons.

Wickson Creek SUD is already looking to the future and preparing to stay ahead of projected demand. The Utility is uniquely positioned to invest approximately $20,000,000 (million) in capital improvements over the next 8-10 years to expand the water distribution system and its capacity for current and future customers.

https://wicksoncreek.com/documents/104/Wickson_Creek_SUD_Projects.pdf
$20 million. So that's why it costs so much money to hook up a new meter!
Bucketrunner
At this point, it's negligent to sign up any more subdivisions. When people bought homes, it was with the understanding that the utilities would be able to provide services. So far, everyone except the water district has been able to do so.

If you are selling widgets, and you don't have enough widgets, yet you KEEP selling widgets - isn't that fraud? It's a matter of time before the landscape loss (not grass but trees) will cause a lawsuit.
jello123
It might even get worse! https://www.kbtx.com/2024/09/13/texas-ams-water-well-plans-challenged-board-sends-other-export-permits-state-review/
EBrazosAg
AG
Wickson leadership has failed their current and future customers. They had opportunity to increase the supply and storage during a time of low cost financing and chose not to - despite marginal supply for the current and obvious future increase in demand. Now the cost of capital is much higher and they will have to pay up - and pass that on to current and future users.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BrazosWifi
EBrazosAg said:

Wickson leadership has failed their current and future customers. They had opportunity to increase the supply and storage during a time of low cost financing and chose not to - despite marginal supply for the current and obvious future increase in demand. Now the cost of capital is much higher and they will have to pay up - and pass that on to current and future users.

They are in the midst of a huge capacity improvement project. Projects like this take years to plan and implement.

I know it's easy to criticize from your armchair but sit this one out. Your observations about Brazos County are often spot on but you've missed the mark here.

Leadership bought a new well field years ago in preparation and are in the middle of building a large pipeline to tie the well field to the current distribution network.

Additionally, new subdivisions often have to upgrade feeder lines at ther cost since they are adding demand in areas that had historically been cow pastures.

Of course, people can claim they should have seen this growth coming but nobody has a crystal ball. Look at TxDot and how may times they have rebuilt Hwy 6.
Broncos
BrazosWifi said:

EBrazosAg said:

I know it's easy to criticize from your armchair but sit this one out.
Always a bold move when a business account is condescending toward other posters.
maroon barchetta
Doesn't mean they are wrong.
Rex Racer
AG
Broncos said:

BrazosWifi said:

EBrazosAg said:

I know it's easy to criticize from your armchair but sit this one out.
Always a bold move when a business account is condescending toward other posters.
I don't think he was being condescending. He was being accurate. It's easy to come on here and criticize, when perhaps you are simply not informed.
Broncos
maroon barchetta said:

Doesn't mean they are wrong.
It doesn't, and I'm not arguing the point of Wickson SUD, but as a business account it's a strange move to be a dick. They definitely could have listed their points without being an ass.

EBrazosAg
AG
I didn't take Jim's comments as anything other than disagreeing with me. He's a great business owner and I'm a happy customer. I disagree with his take on Wickson but that doesn't mean anything more than that. I hope he's right about improvements- but I'm certain they would have cost a lot less if they had been done earlier. Both in the cost of the actual infrastructure and the cost of capital in financing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rex Racer
AG
EBrazosAg said:

I didn't take Jim's comments as anything other than disagreeing with me. He's a great business owner and I'm a happy customer. I disagree with his take on Wickson but that doesn't mean anything more than that. I hope he's right about improvements- but I'm certain they would have cost a lot less if they had been done earlier. Both in the cost of the actual infrastructure and the cost of capital in financing.
They should not need to finance anything. They can just use the money I paid them to hook up my meter!
Bucketrunner
It doesn't excuse poor planning Seems to be run by amateurs
BrazosWifi
EBrazosAg said:

Thanks for this.

Our society need to be able to peaceable disagree and move ahead.

Much of the problems we face today is that people put others in the "enemy" category instead of the "disagree" category.

I happen to work closely with the utilities here in our area because of of fiber optic expansion so I felt things needed to be cleared up a bit.

Maybe I should have switched accounts or been more tactful but it is what it is.

Gig'em.
etmydst
AG
BrazosWifi said:

I know it's easy to criticize from your armchair....

This describes the majority of the posts on this board. It's ironic to see it applauded from the usual offenders.
bryanhome
Do you notice the board members for Wickson never changes?
Hornbeck
AG
bryanhome said:

Do you notice the board members for Wickson never changes?

That's pretty accurate for all the local SUDs.
woodiewood
BrazosWifi said:

EBrazosAg said:

They are in the midst of a huge capacity improvement project. Projects like this take years to plan and implement.

I know it's easy to criticize from your armchair but sit this one out. Your observations about Brazos County are often spot on but you've missed the mark here.

Leadership bought a new well field years ago in preparation and are in the middle of building a large pipeline to tie the well field to the current distribution network.

Additionally, new subdivisions often have to upgrade feeder lines at ther cost since they are adding demand in areas that had historically been cow pastures.

Of course, people can claim they should have seen this growth coming but nobody has a crystal ball. Look at TxDot and how may times they have rebuilt Hwy 6.
If they had expanded capacity years ago when costs were lower, but there wasn't short-term needs, people would have griped that they were spending money that wasn't needed at the time and should save for the future.

We saw the same thing with CS city hall with the gripes of it being too large. You build for a 25 to 30 year and more construction cycle not totally for current needs.

woodiewood
Charpie said:

Jetty said:

That's most everwhere. I constantly see dozens of homes in the area as I drive around with yard sprinklers going every day even if we are having a gully-washer rain.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.