Fostering a lab, looking for a good home or foster

859 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by histag10
jdm8736
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A few weeks back, we picked up a stray dog in the Normangee area. He's not chipped, and we didn't find an owner, but he is a very sweet lab (mix?) and we've been fostering him. He has all his shots now, and we treated the demodectic mange he had since he was a puppy (likely). He's ~45 lbs, 8-12 months old (we think), not neutered yet.

I have a pretty intense work travel schedule, otherwise I'd consider keeping him. Posting here (and in Outdoors forum) to seek help in finding him either a good home or a better foster situation. If there is a better place to post or resources any of you could recommend, it would be much appreciated!

jj.5150
I may be interested , need a day or two to think on it .
J 979-701-6303
Stupe
S
You would be best to take her to Aggieland Humane Society.

They screen the applicants for fostering.
histag10
AG
I thought they only took animals from College Station and Brazos County?
Stupe
S
Hmmm.

Is it where you live or where it's found? I thought that if you lived in the county, you could take one there.
histag10
AG
I always thought it was where the animal was found, to further discourage people from taking animals from their local area where they are more likely to find the owner. If the owners of the dog are looking for it, they will most likely be looking in Leon and Madison County if it was found near Normangee.
histag10
AG
Also, Aggieland Humane Society won't take animals found in Bryan (and I believe parts of the county with a Bryan address). I know we had a problem with people dumping dogs out this way, and Aggieland Humane Society said we needed to call animal control eith the sheriff's office or the Bryan Animal Shelter, because the area we are in has Bryan addressed (between Tabor and Edge near Wheelock)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.