Amazon/USPS Struggling Again?

18,676 Views | 269 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by trouble
Rockdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got a package a few minutes ago (or should say I found it then) from the USPS laying on my driveway near the garage door. Not even on the front porch. I went out to check my mailbox because it was pouring rain for about 10 minutes. Needless to say my package was soaked through. They had to walk right past my mailbox which is way larger than the small package. Im sorry but how stupid are these people?
maroon barchetta
We get that a lot.

And it's a combination of stupid and lazy some days.
woodiewood
I think the issue is somewhere before it gets to the carrier truck. I have actually askedour driver about a package that showed delivery two days before and he checked the tracking # and it showed the package was in Houston.

We get or mail dropped in the box by the back door about 9pm most every day. I think USPS is short on people or trucks or something.
Hornbeck
AG
Rockdoc said:

Got a package a few minutes ago (or should say I found it then) from the USPS laying on my driveway near the garage door. Not even on the front porch. I went out to check my mailbox because it was pouring rain for about 10 minutes. Needless to say my package was soaked through. They had to walk right past my mailbox which is way larger than the small package. Im sorry but how stupid are these people?

They don't pay enough to get the bright ones, or the ones with common sense, apparently. One of the gals I went to Jr High / High School with is a local rural carrier. She wasn't the brightest bulb in the box. She always snapping back on Rusty Surette's posts about the USPS.
Jetty
AG
I was going to order some books for the grandkids who are coming this weekend. 6 days to get here. If I sent them to their house in Leander it would be delivered next day.
Capt.Starbuck
They do have 2 parking spots reserved right in front of the door and you don't have to pay for it. I've used it a couple times and it was very quick and easy.
tfunk02
AG
I was coming here to complain about Amazon and didn't know there was already a thread. I ordered something on the 21st and it has been lost in Dallas since Monday. Everything is taking at least a week to get here. It's really frustrating. Especially when I was used to same day delivery in Houston before we moved back to Aggieland in December.

histag10
AG
Have it shipped to Hearne. Everything shows up there in 1-2 day shipping. I placed an order today, 3 items will be in Hearne in less than 24 hours, and the others will show up on Sunday. When I had my Bryan address selected, it was 1.5 weeks. (My MIL lives outside of Hearne)
MiMi
S
Had an Amazon package marked as delivered at 8 pm this evening to an agent at a front desk, receptionist, or mailroom in Bryan. My address is a single family home in south College Station. I'm hoping it a weary contractor that just wants to be done for the day and mismarked a fake delivery ( to keep up appearances) and that it will show up tomorrow.

On a brighter note, the mail pieces due for delivery last Tuesday were in my mailbox today.
cubbies25
AG
USPS sucks!!
doubledog
I am curious about mail delivery at a residence (Southwood valley). We must be on every charitable mailing list in the U.S/Canada and our mail box is always filled with junk mail, which, I do not have a problem with. I have noticed that for the last few years our mail is light on Mondays and Tuesday and heavy on Thursdays and Fridays. I was wondering if anyone else sees this pattern? I should start checking when these letters are posted, however I suspect that it is the local USPS workers who call in sick on certain days of the week. Or am I paranoid?
woodiewood
doubledog said:

I am curious about mail delivery at a residence (Southwood valley). We must be on every charitable mailing list in the U.S/Canada and our mail box is always filled with junk mail, which, I do not have a problem with. I have noticed that for the last few years our mail is light on Mondays and Tuesday and heavy on Thursdays and Fridays. I was wondering if anyone else sees this pattern? I should start checking when these letters are posted, however I suspect that it is the local USPS workers who call in sick on certain days of the week. Or am I paranoid?
We seldom get anything on Mondays and often little on Tuesdays.
AgResearch
AG
doubledog said:

It's been 11 years since I lived in CS but we only got mail 2 days a week on average but 2-3 days worth at a time. Easy to tell when they were still in individual folded bundles.
threecatcorner
Local post office is f***ing useless.

eBay item that was supposed to have arrived Monday and was delayed got to Bryan post office yesterday morning 4:59 AM and was supposedly out for delivery today at 6:10 AM. It initially said delivery between 8:15 AM and 12:45 PM. They changed the estimate to arriving today by 8:35 PM.

I checked the status (mostly to make sure it didn't say delivered because sometimes "delivered to front porch" means delivered to neighbor's porch because they can't be bothered to notice whose name is on it and if it says A or B.

They had updated the status to say it could be picked up at the Bryan post office. wtf?

It says it arrived at the Bryan post office at 2:32 PM and was marked as available for pickup at 4:49 PM. Of course it's not actually available for pickup because they're already closed for the day (if they're open on Saturdays; the CS one is open until noon or used to be), they're closed Sundays and they're closed on Monday for Labor Day.

It says it can be picked up from the Bryan post office Monday-Friday, 8 to 4:30.

There's something it let me click to schedule redelivery, but the first available date was Tuesday, September 3.

The terms and conditions it makes you check say they'll redeliver if you weren't available. I was available and they haven't attempted to deliver squat today. My mailbox is completely empty (not even a piece of junk mail), nothing on the porch, no note saying we missed their attempted delivery (and it's not something big or that requires a signature).

So, if they ever bother delivering it, it'll be more than a week after it was supposed to arrive. It's not the eBay seller's fault either, so even though I'm furious about how long it's taking (mostly about saying it's out for delivery, taking it back to the post office without ever stopping here, and expecting me to go out to the Bryan post office to get it during the weekday Tuesday or later), I don't think it would be fair to factor that into the seller's rating.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I didn't bother signing up for informed delivery because it says it can take up to 3 business days and this better arrive before then, plus I've heard it's very unreliable with then checking off information that's definitely wrong like saying they couldn't get to your mailbox or you requested them to hold it when you didn't. So I might not be able to track it further but hopefully they'll actually bring it on Tuesday.
threecatcorner
For a different item that was ordered from Amazon, it says "Delivery attempted at 4:49 PM. Unfortunately UPS SurePost ran into an issue when attempting your delivery. They will try again."

It also said it was out for delivery at 6:10 AM, and SurePost uses the post office for the actual delivery, so it's the same person.

I call bull***** They didn't attempt anything which is why there's no note outside about attempted delivery.

Clearly someone wanted to have a 3-day weekend. They picked stuff up first thing this morning, did whatever they wanted, and late-afternoon, they started marking things as undeliverable. Apparently Amazon and/or UPS requires them to try again and regular mail (that the eBay seller used) doesn't which is why one item says they'll try again and the other one said to pick it up at the Bryan post office (until I selected redelivery).
Hornbeck
AG
Had the same experience from UPS on an Amazon box today…. They didn't try to deliver ****, because I've got the non-existent camera footage to prove it.
Desert Power
AG
threecatcorner said:

Local post office is f***ing useless.

eBay item that was supposed to have arrived Monday and was delayed got to Bryan post office yesterday morning 4:59 AM and was supposedly out for delivery today at 6:10 AM. It initially said delivery between 8:15 AM and 12:45 PM. They changed the estimate to arriving today by 8:35 PM.

I checked the status (mostly to make sure it didn't say delivered because sometimes "delivered to front porch" means delivered to neighbor's porch because they can't be bothered to notice whose name is on it and if it says A or B.

They had updated the status to say it could be picked up at the Bryan post office. wtf?

It says it arrived at the Bryan post office at 2:32 PM and was marked as available for pickup at 4:49 PM. Of course it's not actually available for pickup because they're already closed for the day (if they're open on Saturdays; the CS one is open until noon or used to be), they're closed Sundays and they're closed on Monday for Labor Day.

It says it can be picked up from the Bryan post office Monday-Friday, 8 to 4:30.

There's something it let me click to schedule redelivery, but the first available date was Tuesday, September 3.

The terms and conditions it makes you check say they'll redeliver if you weren't available. I was available and they haven't attempted to deliver squat today. My mailbox is completely empty (not even a piece of junk mail), nothing on the porch, no note saying we missed their attempted delivery (and it's not something big or that requires a signature).

So, if they ever bother delivering it, it'll be more than a week after it was supposed to arrive. It's not the eBay seller's fault either, so even though I'm furious about how long it's taking (mostly about saying it's out for delivery, taking it back to the post office without ever stopping here, and expecting me to go out to the Bryan post office to get it during the weekday Tuesday or later), I don't think it would be fair to factor that into the seller's rating.

Absolutely ridiculous.

I didn't bother signing up for informed delivery because it says it can take up to 3 business days and this better arrive before then, plus I've heard it's very unreliable with then checking off information that's definitely wrong like saying they couldn't get to your mailbox or you requested them to hold it when you didn't. So I might not be able to track it further but hopefully they'll actually bring it on Tuesday.

I had the exact same thing happen to me today. eBay delivery never even attempted and it shows that it's available for pickup in Bryan. My cameras never recorded anyone attempting delivery.
BiochemAg97
AG
threecatcorner said:

For a different item that was ordered from Amazon, it says "Delivery attempted at 4:49 PM. Unfortunately UPS SurePost ran into an issue when attempting your delivery. They will try again."

It also said it was out for delivery at 6:10 AM, and SurePost uses the post office for the actual delivery, so it's the same person.

I call bull***** They didn't attempt anything which is why there's no note outside about attempted delivery.

Clearly someone wanted to have a 3-day weekend. They picked stuff up first thing this morning, did whatever they wanted, and late-afternoon, they started marking things as undeliverable. Apparently Amazon and/or UPS requires them to try again and regular mail (that the eBay seller used) doesn't which is why one item says they'll try again and the other one said to pick it up at the Bryan post office (until I selected redelivery).

Don't be so sure. Wife had a package marked pick up at Bryan PO. She went up and they said it wasn't available for pickup and would be delivered the next day.
threecatcorner
They actually delivered both items (the Amazon one that they said they'd reattempt and the eBay one that had said pick up at Bryan post office and I had selected redeliver Tuesday) at 8:45 tonight and rang the doorbell!

I don't know if this is why or not, but when I filled out the form to request redelivery,I put something like "Please deliver my package already. Why didn't you attempt delivery?" I can't remember the whole thing, but I definitely included something about why didn't they try to deliver it. (Because I know they hadn't tried to deliver anything earlier today). I did also mention to make sure they were on the correct side of the duplex.

I didn't see them though. They rang the doorbell and when we got there, both items were there but the person who rang the bell had already driven off.

Anyhow, not positive if it's why, but in case it is, I'd suggest putting something along those lines in redelivery requests.
MiMi
S
The Amazon package that was marked as delivered to a Bryan zip code to an 'agent at a front desk/receptionist/mailroom' yesterday evening (I'm in a house in south CS) was sadly not delivered today. The mail in my Informed Delivery email was also not delivered. But I did receive a Priority Delivery envelope that was scheduled to be delivered today.

Since it's a holiday weekend, I don't expect any more mail or package delivery until sometime next week. Maybe. Hopefully??
histag10
AG
I have an Amazon package set to be delivered in Hearne tomorrow.

That said, I wouldn't count on bryan or CS delivering tomorrow
doubledog
It seems that the "attempted delivery" means "driver running late and returned to PO" If the USPS pays hourly, it could be an overtime issue.
oklaunion
We had an Amazon pkg out for delivery in CS yesterday. Until it wasn't and was returned to the Bryan hub at 3:20pm. No reason given. I guess it was quitting time.
Tailgate88
AG
doubledog said:

It seems that the "attempted delivery" means "driver running late and returned to PO" If the USPS pays hourly, it could be an overtime issue.

Yup this happens to us all the time. Our regular driver is actually really good but if he has the day off, chaos ensues.
doubledog
I am also curious about USPS/AMAZON Sunday deliveries. Are postal workers paid overtime to deliver on Sundays?
MiMi
S
MiMi said:

The Amazon package that was marked as delivered to a Bryan zip code to an 'agent at a front desk/receptionist/mailroom' yesterday evening (I'm in a house in south CS) was sadly not delivered today. The mail in my Informed Delivery email was also not delivered. But I did receive a Priority Delivery envelope that was scheduled to be delivered today.

Since it's a holiday weekend, I don't expect any more mail or package delivery until sometime next week. Maybe. Hopefully??
Today was a busy delivery day for my mailbox! The package that was supposed to have been delivered on Thursday (but was instead marked to have been delivered to an 'agent at a front desk/receptionist/mailroom' in Bryan) was placed in my mailbox at noon today. Just now, the mail carrier just delivered my mail that was shown in my Informed Delivery emails for Friday and Saturday. I think I'm all caught up!
doubledog
Add another day to my delivery... Thank you BCS USPS.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
This is how USPoS left my delivery today.
Charpie
AG
Oh God. The mail carrier who subs for my normal guy is lazy like that. She once shoved a package so deep in my mailbox I had to use a knife to shred it apart.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
We've had them left on top of the mailbox before too.
histag10
AG
At least they put it in the mailbox. I have had them hurl it over my gate before...
threecatcorner
Wow. Mine actually comes to the door. Of course, the mailbox is right next to the front door, so they pretty much have to come up there. Only envelopes fit in the box though. Anything else is going on the porch (or next door if they don't pay attention to the whole address)
harrierdoc
AG
I'll give my experience this weekend.

Amazon shipment said would be delivered on 8/31. Got an email saying delivered at 2359 on 8/31. Delivered to agent, or whatever. Of course, I'm still up after the game, so go out and check mailbox, area around mailbox, area by my gate (but was open for nephew picking up jet ski his dad left earlier in day), and front door. Nothing.
Sunday afternoon I'm running over to Lowe's and mail vehicle pulling in my entryway. I ask if he's turning around or dropping off, and he said he had a pkg to be delivered. I told him I was notified it was delivered the day prior. Guy said, "I don't know. My buddy just asked me to deliver these things (he had quite a few pkgs in vehicle) and I didn't need to scan the delivery ".

Shady dealings by CS USPS.
Koko Chingo
AG
I case this info helps anyone:

I just placed an Amazon order (11:30am Wed Sep 4). I am a Prime member and everything in the cart showed it would be delivered to my house ( not too far from campus) on Sunday the 8th.

Out of curiosity I changed the delivery address to a 'Pickup Location" and chose the Amazon Store in Century Square.

The delivery dates changed to Friday the 6th; which equals 2 day Prime delivery versus 4 days shipped to my front door.
MsDoubleD81
AG
When I did that it pushed the date 2 more days.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.