College Station Councilman Is Interested In Selling Parkland

5,274 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by maroon barchetta
woodiewood
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hittag1492 said:

ReelAg6 said:

Thomas Park is less than a quarter mile away. Sell this land and pay off debt.

I believe most anybody would agree. Trusting Maloney to sell
It for the proper amount and NOT to a "friend" would be the issue. There are only a select few of our city leaders even remotely trustworthy currently.
If they decide to sell it they need to list it with a local commercial broker and allow the broker to sell it. Contact a few commercial brokers and let them propose what deal they will give the city to sell it.
jenjc
AG
Leave the green space there.
BiochemAg97
AG
woodiewood said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Interested in hearing people's thoughts on this. It doesn't look like much of a park, but I also don't like getting rid of all the greenspace.

Quote:

A College Station councilman is interested in selling parkland for commercial development.

Dennis Maloney's comments came at the end of a July 16th budget workshop.

Maloney said he never sees anyone in EastGate Park, which is located behind commercial buildings facing Texas Avenue.

The 1.8 acre property is split by Walton Drive.
-----------
The value of the parkland, according to the Brazos Central Appraisal District (BCAD) is currently $9,900 dollars. BCAD's highest valuation in recent years was $434,380 in 2019.
https://wtaw.com/a-college-station-councilman-is-interested-in-selling-parkland/

I would be interested in how often Baloney actually looks over to the park. I go by there four to five times a day most every day and seldom look that direction. Does he live down Walton?

Does he need the money to buy another vacant building at Post Oak Mall?

Conn's is closing.
maroon barchetta
BiochemAg97 said:

woodiewood said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Interested in hearing people's thoughts on this. It doesn't look like much of a park, but I also don't like getting rid of all the greenspace.

Quote:

A College Station councilman is interested in selling parkland for commercial development.

Dennis Maloney's comments came at the end of a July 16th budget workshop.

Maloney said he never sees anyone in EastGate Park, which is located behind commercial buildings facing Texas Avenue.

The 1.8 acre property is split by Walton Drive.
-----------
The value of the parkland, according to the Brazos Central Appraisal District (BCAD) is currently $9,900 dollars. BCAD's highest valuation in recent years was $434,380 in 2019.
https://wtaw.com/a-college-station-councilman-is-interested-in-selling-parkland/

I would be interested in how often Baloney actually looks over to the park. I go by there four to five times a day most every day and seldom look that direction. Does he live down Walton?

Does he need the money to buy another vacant building at Post Oak Mall?

Conn's is closing.

Conn's and the Krispy Kreme pad site can be had at huge discounts! [/CoCS staff and council, maybe]
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.