Is the USPS run by morons?

4,009 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by histag10
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We had a fantastic carrier for years. She got forced off the road and rolled into a ditch somewhere off of Bird Pond Road several years back.

She was injured and took a long time to recover.

She either quit or got put on another route when she was healthy again.
woodiewood1
woodiewood said:

Haven't had mail for three delivery days now and I live right near campus.

Checked on tracking on two Amazon packages on the Amazon site and there was this not on the orders.

"Held for pickup at carrier location

Delivery attempted June 17
Unfortunately, USPS couldn't complete your delivery and is holding it for you to pick up. We're very sorry for the inconvenience."

Checked and both said delivery could not be made. I have no gate, nothing that has ever prevented mail deliveries. Both are items costing less than $50 so signatures were not required and besides, I was at home all day yesterday....no one tried to deliver anything yesterday or today.

So I call the USPS tele 800# on the orders and put in my tracking #s for both and the instructions state that they are ready for pickup at the Bryan Post office.

My Post Office working for me!

What a cluster.....

sobi go to post office in bryan yesterday and packages not there but out for delivery...nothing delivered yesterday. Well see what occurs today. Glad it wasn't requires medicine.
CS AG 87
Same thing happened to me. Unfortunately we couldn't make the delivery. Why did Amazon start using USPS again? Feel like telling Amazon it was never delivered and I want a refund and they can try to get it back.
woodiewood
Both packages delivered today. Not too bad of service considering it was out for delivery five days ago.
Hornbeck
AG
I feel obliged to say that while your individual carrier may be great, we had a great one for years until she retired, the USPS as a whole is complete crap. Having mail from here go to Houston for sorting (and get lost) is a pretty sub-optimal outcome. Does the Waco mail go to Dallas similarly?
histag10
AG
CS AG 87 said:

Same thing happened to me. Unfortunately we couldn't make the delivery. Why did Amazon start using USPS again? Feel like telling Amazon it was never delivered and I want a refund and they can try to get it back.

Cheaper shipping. Also, Amazon has consistently raised their rates and shipping times have gotten substantially longer.

Now, I ship things to my MILs house outside of Hearne instead of here. She gets stuff in 1 or 2 days from Amazon. If I put house with a Bryan address, it is usually 4-7days.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.