2024 Property Taxes

2,020 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by GrogsBane
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Anyone successful in getting their assessed values reduced?

I was able to get 6% reduced off mine.
Sub4
AG
Just finished my appeal and got a 38.5% reduction down to the sale price that I paid 2 months ago.

Big sigh of relief that they gave it to me .
tu ag
AG
Got mine down about 17%
Dufflepud
19%
Dufflepud
Sub4 said:

Just finished my appeal and got a 38.5% reduction down to the sale price that I paid 2 months ago.

Big sigh of relief that they gave it to me .
Well done!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
The ARB board today seemed to be in a good mood. Glad you guys are getting good reductions!
AggiePirate
AG
How do they contact you for a meeting? I disputed but all I see is approved and the same amount it was.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Should get a letter in the mail
AggiePirate
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

Should get a letter in the mail
TYRPL
tamc93
AG
Easy win for me based upon purchase price and incorrect square footage they had.
TexAg1987
We argued our appraised value back in 2020. Got a reduction of 5.5% from our 2019 value. Paid for an appraiser to do the valuation at the time since we were about to be locked into our taxes due to age.

Since then:

2021 +4.6%
2022 +8%
2023 +25%
2024 +42.5%

Each of those values is a % over the year before. 233% since 2020. 300% since 2013.
We moved in in 2009. We bought it as a foreclosure that needed a bunch of work and we did some major improvements the first year.

We went last year to argue just on principal, but they wouldn't hear us due to the fact that our actual taxes were not going up. No way we can get that for our house (we tried for 6 months last year, and never got an offer)

I tried, but the young homeowners are getting screwed because I am sure we are being used as comparable in our neighborhood.
angus55
My informal went way better than I imagined. Got it brought down below what I worked up based comps. $58k reduction.
We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
Mmetag10
AG
Had mine today. Got them to back the increase down 55%. Still an increase but way less than it would have been.
justalocal
TexAg1987 said:

I tried, but the young homeowners are getting screwed because I am sure we are being used as comparable in our neighborhood.
Been looking since last fall, it was cheaper to build new than to buy existing.
GrogsBane
I am currently using Ownwell. I have not heard anything back from them yet, no letter in the mail from the AD and the website hasn't been updated for my property. Ill report back once I have an update.
Don't Eat The Bugs
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.