Butterfly Alley in Lick Creek completed?

1,682 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by KidDoc
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
According to the city website Butterfly Alley is in "Warranty" phase. I really hope it is not completed as it is still a mess. These pictures are from the entrance of the Alley from the main trails.

Anyone know if they are still planning on finishing it or just leaving a washed out gulley for people to navigate?

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
toolshed
AG
I spent some time in a truck recently with someone knowledgeable in this matter. He said the city had "X" budget for this project, which wasn't enough to do the work and cross the creek properly. The culverts were installed per request. It washed out. So last I think they said, they're waiting for direction to move forward. I could be wrong on a couple details or the current standing but overall that's what I recall from several days ago.

Edited as the person who asked the question has seen the answer and apparently others don't think pertinent info should be out for the taxpayers to know.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
I'd be careful oversharing on some topics. That sounds like some stuff only a handful of people would know and could get your friend in some hot water.
KidDoc
AG
Thanks for the input. Seems like they could slap a pre-made bridge over it for pretty cheap.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MiMi
S
KidDoc said:

Thanks for the input. Seems like they could slap a pre-made bridge over it for pretty cheap.

Looking at the photo, it appears a cheap 'bridge' is already in place.
Buford T. Justice
AG
It's got some spring to it. If you time it right, all that you have to do is land on it in the center, and you'll bound to the other side.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
farmersfight
AG
The dog enjoys the small obstacle of the stream. The pregnant wife not so much.
toolshed
AG
Depends on the budget and the high water mark when it floods.

And probably $$ donor expectations.
birdman
Isn't Butterfly Alley just the easement for sewer lines?

If so, that's a blemish on the community. City Council had an unannounced meeting in the middle of the night. Then started bulldozing Lick Creek on the weekend.

That was the sewer lines for the neighborhoods next to Lick Creek. That land deal was a corruption by the same City Council.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Butterfly alley looked really nice for about 4 seconds last spring and then the culvert totally washed out by the creek.

I'm of the opinion that they really just wasted the money in the first if they never planned to do it right from the beginning. But hey at least we got a nice bench and some pretty iron worked signs.
KidDoc
AG
Some more pictures today. What are the Iron stands for? This could be such a nice trail.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.