Brazos Valley Toyota Sales Person

2,564 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by legalbird
sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any recommendations for sales person at BV Toyota? Don't want to walk in cold and get roll of the dice. Seems to be a lot of turnover.

Also Allen Honda if any recs there.

Thanks in advance.
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
Just had a great experience with Patrick Loudermilk up there. shoot me an email and im happy to share contact. jbm at thesleepstation dot com
Aggie Owned and Operated by Jarrad and Elisha McLeod Class of 2003 and 2006! The Official Mattress Provider of TexAgs!
BQ_90
AG
i would go to the automotive board and ask for assistance
woodiewood
Go through the lot after hours or on Sunday and get prices. Go into the dealership with a set list of options and a set price that you are willing to pay. Be willing to walk out if they don't get close to your price. If you don't have them go back and forth a time or two to talk to the sales manager about the price you are willing to pay, you are paying too much.

I have done that for the past six or seven new vehicles and feel like I got a good price.
gigem92
AG
If you go with Allen Honda, I would recommend Honda Bob (McGill). In my opinion he is the best they have. We have worked with him multiple times and he has never pressured us and will work his butt off to find you what you want.

I will say that when we bought last year we actually went to John Eagle Honda because they had what we wanted and they were not adding the ridiculous market adjustment which Allen was still adding at the time. I don't know if they are still doing that. Felt like I was cheating on Bob, but that extra $3,000 was a no-go for me.
cstat07
AG
I don't know for sure how to know what a good deal is… it seems relative to the time of year and current market but the most I have ever heard of from Toyota is 20% off msrp with lots of effort looking all over the state to achieve that. I haven't bought a car in several years but my expectation would be 10-15% off is a good deal. Be interested to know if others have a different view on that range. My last two purchases were 16% (Toyota) and 17% (gmc) with a good bit of effort. One trick amongst the millions they have that I caught last time was some dealerships create a second number they lead you to believe is MSRP. Their % off "MSRP" is higher since the numerator is artificially inflated. My understanding is you should always compare MSRP from the manufacturer when comparing dealerships (love to know if I'm wrong about that). I found it isn't always the giant, slimy Houston dealership (bad experience with a bait and switch) that has the best price but I also found the dealership in my town wanted me to take $7k less for my trade in and pay 10% more for the new car for the convenience of working with them
JP76
BCS Toyota

Bernard Obilo

979 three 2 nine 0 4 two 9
JP76
What toyota model did you purchase for 16% off msrp ?
cstat07
AG
Tundra
MyNameIsJeff
AG
gigem92 said:

If you go with Allen Honda, I would recommend Honda Bob (McGill). In my opinion he is the best they have. We have worked with him multiple times and he has never pressured us and will work his butt off to find you what you want.

I will say that when we bought last year we actually went to John Eagle Honda because they had what we wanted and they were not adding the ridiculous market adjustment which Allen was still adding at the time. I don't know if they are still doing that. Felt like I was cheating on Bob, but that extra $3,000 was a no-go for me.

They were still doing this as of last month. I described this in my previous post that appears to have been deleted by the moderators with no reasoning given.
Charpie
AG
The whole market fee adjustment is a shakedown. Don't pay it. Go buy a car in Houston or some other city because it's BS. Want to know how I know? When I started shopping for my current vehicle, I made a road trip to San Antonio. When I walked into the dealership and took a test drive of the vehicle, I knew there might be an issue with them selling me a car because the OEM's like to regulate how many vehicles they can sell out of market and it was towards the end of the month. The dealer flat-out saw my ID and said, "Oh you live in Bryan? Yeah, we can sell you a car. That market is underserved even though you could buy a car in Houston. Bryan/College Station has a reputation for marking up its vehicles by crazy amounts, as a result, we can directly compete with them." I was floored.

You CAN push back on fees. Market adjustment fees are ones you SHOULD push back on.

I feel bad for the sales folks here because I know it isn't your fault. But I'll never buy a car in the B/CS area. I bought my car in Dallas and will likely buy from Dallas or Houston from now on.
JP76
Was this a straight out purchase or did you have a trade-in on this deal?

What year was this ?

And what Toyota dealership was this?

Just curious why you're not using them again
JP76
I bought a few Toyotas from San Antonio pre covid but on the last ones I purchased the dealer wanted to play stupid games at Cavender toyota with their best price no haggle bs. Post covid I've actually seen the opposite, Dallas had some of the worst market adjustments in all of Texas from what I was seeing Followed by Austin and Houston

AggiePhil
AG
Purchased new at BCS Toyota mid-2020. They tried sneaking in a relatively low fee that was not in the numbers the sales guy and I had agreed upon. Luckily, I had it in writing (well, text message) and after some back and forth, the manager agreed to honor the initially agreed upon price. Tried making me feel bad about it though.

Because of that, plus the finance guy being a jerk, I won't buy from there again. Fred Haas in Houston will probably be where I go next time.
Another Doug
AG
There are two types of people that buy cars in B/CS
1. People who know they got a bad deal
2. People that don't know they got a bad deal
JP76
Something else to keep in mind at least from my experience from working at a dealership for three years is if you didn't buy local and you bring it in for service you will always be at the back of the list. Also if you have 36,010 miles and a problem pops up just out of warranty, if you bought local there is discretion for them to work with you on a resolution. If you bought out of town you are usually sol in this situation unless you take it back to the selling dealer. Not saying this is worth $2000 or $3000 but given the choice of paying $500 more or having to go out of town and pay $500 less I'll probably take the local price knowing if the need ever arises for service that I won't end up on the ****list.
dubi
AG
Last time we went to Allen Honda the car we looked at had a $5k market adjustment. The equivalent vehicle in Houston was under MSRP.

Also their service center was dishonest with a neighbor about needing repairs to get her van inspected. They gave her a list of items that would be $1,500 and implied she needed them done or no inspection. I went back to the dealer with the list and called them out on their lies. I would not do business with them and their current management.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
JP76 said:

Something else to keep in mind at least from my experience from working at a dealership for three years is if you didn't buy local and you bring it in for service you will always be at the back of the list. Also if you have 36,010 miles and a problem pops up just out of warranty, if you bought local there is discretion for them to work with you on a resolution. If you bought out of town you are usually sol in this situation unless you take it back to the selling dealer. Not saying this is worth $2000 or $3000 but given the choice of paying $500 more or having to go out of town and pay $500 less I'll probably take the local price knowing if the need ever arises for service that I won't end up on the ****list.
I get where you're coming from, yet the handful of service experiences I've had here have been equally ****ty regardless of if I bought the vehicle from them.

If they try to screw me up front, I have no trust in them to take care of me down the road. I won't deal with Chevy, GMC, or Honda here. Ford is a mixed bag.
kddub
go see Patrick Loudermilk. Good honest God-fearing man.
brownandred
Buy a Honda in Houston unless you are allergic to money

GrimesCoAg95
AG
Denton and Burleson are good options too.
cstat07
AG
2019 in Lubbock. I looked all over Texas at the time. I did trade in. I would probably use them again. They did trick me by telling me I was at 20% off MSRP but it was 20% off their inflated number. I didn't know that until the next day after purchase. Still a great discount as I mentioned so I didn't sweat it but dishonest salesman bother me. They honored their phone quote on the 10 year old tundra trade in while the Toyota in Midland offered $7k less and very little discount on the new one. To Midland's credit, they told me on the spot they wouldn't be able to compete with other dealerships on trade in value or new car discount.
Aggie@state.gov
AG
bought a pilot from Allen last week. had a market adjust of 4K. manager took it off with very little back/forth and also gave us good trade in deal. bought from honda bob, probably our 6th car with him.

our other car is a genesis. love the car but the south austin genesis sales process and their service is a giant PITA and we won't buy another Genesis again until the B/CS Hyundai dealer carries Genesis, which they probably will in a few years
legalbird
Do NOT pay for any ceramic coat, window tint, Scotchgard, etc.

Do NOT pay any market adjustments.

If you have to drive to Austin or Houston, it is worth it. As soon as people stop giving in, these dealerships will stop with these antics.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.