Streaming apps that get network TV?

1,664 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Txmoe
TimsParents
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Optimum (Suddenlink) just increased monthly payment $40. Looking for an affordable streaming app that gets network TV
Gig'Em & God Bless
halibut sinclair
TimsParents said:

Optimum (Suddenlink) just increased monthly payment $40. Looking for an affordable streaming app that gets network TV

FUBO, Hulu Live TV, YouTube TV, Direct TV Stream
AgTrip
One of my happiest days was when my boys were born and I got to call suddenlink and tell them to cancel my service!!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Pretty much all of them. Sign for a trial of each and then pick which you like the best. We like YouTubeTV
threecatcorner
Paramount Plus gets the local ones on live TV. I think there are 2 levels though (cheaper version might just say Paramount). Don't opt for the cheaper version or you won't have the local channels.
LOYAL AG
AG
threecatcorner said:

Paramount Plus gets the local ones on live TV. I think there are 2 levels though (cheaper version might just say Paramount). Don't opt for the cheaper version or you won't have the local channels.

I thought Paramount just had the CBS channels. It doesn't have NBC, ABC or Fox does it? Am I misreading your post?
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
doubledog
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Pretty much all of them. Sign for a trial of each and then pick which you like the best. We like YouTubeTV
2nd YouTubeTV.

Optimum is up to its old Suddenlink tricks.. Raise the price and wait for customers to threaten to leave and then give you a "special" deal for another 6 months.
bushytailed
AG
Another vote for YouTube TV
Txmoe
AG
I've been happy with Fubo for a couple of years now. Biggest downside is no TNT, TBS or TRU so spotty March Madness coverage. (Luckily Max started carrying MM games so was able to watch that way.)
halibut sinclair
We've tried Hulu Live and Fubo so far. We like them both, and going to try out YouTube TV after baseball season.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Philo
halibut sinclair
TXAGBQ76 said:

Philo

No broadcast networks - like OP asked. We tried Philo and didn't care for it. It is cheap, tho.
TXAGBQ76
AG
ahh, thought I read they were going to offer them. My bad.
threecatcorner
Paramount Plus has CBS (which is what local station KBTX is).

You're right that it doesn't include NBC, ABC, or Fox.

NBC is on the Peacock app. I think their shows stream the next day.

ABC and Fox are on Hulu, next day with commercials.
KidDoc
AG
Youtube TV is great! Not that cheap but is pretty amazing.

I tried Hulu and hate it because you cannot skip commercials. Plus it is owned by megacorp disney/espn/hulu/marvel etc etc and I expect them to try and bully all the other services out of business so do not want to support them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Don't forget to protest:
ABC (American Broadcasting Company)
National Geographic
FX Networks
Pixar Animation Studios
Lucasfilm
20th Century Studios (formerly 20th Century Fox)
Dumbfounded
Cut the cord w Optimum 6 months ago. Had a $280/month TV bill. Signed up w You Tube for $59 introductory offer. Now at $79/month and very pleased.
taxpreparer
AG
We switch between YTTV and Fubo, depending on which sports season it is.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I tried fubo a couple of years ago and the stream quality was horrible. Has that improved?
halibut sinclair
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

I tried fubo a couple of years ago and the stream quality was horrible. Has that improved?

Quality is great for us.
Txmoe
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Sweet Kitten Feet said:

Quality is great for us.

Same for us!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.