HVAC replacement

2,817 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 21 days ago by El_duderino
MadDog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need to replace my entire HVAC. Looking for recommendations on brand and installer. Mullinex is quoting me on Lennox.
classicdoug
AG
BCS Air Solutions just did mine. They installed Bryant which is basically Carrier. All I needed was the outside condenser unit, but it was done in just a few hours. I have a 10 year warranty on it. 979-693-2984.
UmustBKidding
Mullinex is not the same after being bought. Lennox will likely give you an opportunity to join a class action settlement.
Unfortunately its a trend to have big companies buy out long time local vendors and operate under the long established company reputation. I in general do trane, American standard or carrier. But what you really need to figure out is seer, unit type, and conventional, multi speed, or variable speed. Then look at service history of their vendors.
JMac03
AG
We really wanted to use BCS Air Solutions (I know the owners) when ours crapped out a few years ago, but it was in the dead of summer and it would have taken more than a week. So we went with who our neighbors used and had good things to say, despite having read bad things on Texags. Welp they closed up shop a year or less after we got our unit.

I will say that we have had great luck with Morgan Air Conditioning. I find them to be able to come out quicker to fix things and more reasonably priced than some of the others.
halibut sinclair
Carl Walthall and Superior Air Repair. They are celebrating their 25th anniversary this year. I believe they are a Trane and Lennox dealer.
Stupe
S
We went with Barker's and bought a two-stage Trane. They have a lot of techs and always have two on call 24/7.
aggie-1997
AG
I would highly recommend Total Comfort BCS. I just used them for a problem that others recommended on this site have not been able to solve. Steven came in and diagnosed the problem and solved it. Prices were reasonable and he was completely professional through the whole process. Took time to explain what he determined and how/why he would fix. Very pleased with the outcome. I landed on Total Comfort from a recommendation I received on TexAgs. You can reach Steven at 979-321-7181.
histag10
AG
Malek quoted us on Carrier. We haven't pulled the trigger on a new system yet, but will likely need one in the near future and wanted to get an idea on pricing and options -and we have had great experiences with Malek with repairs
Muzzleblast
I'll add Lavco.
They installed mine and maintain it.
Service twice a year to make sure everything is good for $13.00 a month.
aggies4life
AG
Air concept - have always been pleased with them. Honest and fair - best value imo here in town.
MadDog73
AG
Thanks for all the input
MyNameIsJeff
AG
aggie-1997 said:

I would highly recommend Total Comfort BCS. I just used them for a problem that others recommended on this site have not been able to solve. Steven came in and diagnosed the problem and solved it. Prices were reasonable and he was completely professional through the whole process. Took time to explain what he determined and how/why he would fix. Very pleased with the outcome. I landed on Total Comfort from a recommendation I received on TexAgs. You can reach Steven at 979-321-7181.
I can vouch for Steven, worked with him commercially before he started on his own.
cypress-ag
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Carl Walthall and Superior Air Repair. They are celebrating their 25th anniversary this year. I believe they are a Trane and Lennox dealer.
Carl is good people.
legalbird
Watch out for upsell. Some of the big names will tell you that you need new ducts, UV bacteria fighter, etc.

Certainly, get at least 3 quotes.

I personally do not want a "quarterly checkup" on a new unit. I don't want tech with vise grips opening up panels etc.Some of the big names will tell you the 10 yr warranty is only good if you do the "yearly VIP plan" where they check on the unit and give you free air filters.

Had terrible experience with Rheem. Aluminum coils in the air handler. Aluminum coils will be true with most air handlers today, but the Rheem issue was ridiculous from start to finish.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree with you about "maintenance". Keep the filter changed and let the thing go. My elderly father became a sucker for maintenance plans, and not coincidentally IMO, refrigerant leaks (which only sped up) followed shortly behind.
91_Aggie
AG
Several years ago we got quotes from a bunch. Malek was highest of everyone by a huge margin.

We went with superior air and couldn't be happier.

Malek called me back later and asked if I was ready to make a decision. Told him I already did with a company that beat their bid by a mile. He kind of got mad at me for not giving him a chance to beat it, but I told all bidders "give me your best bid because I'm not gonna play games with anyone"

So yeah, I will always tell everyone to stay away from Malek unless you got so much money several thosand doesn't mean much to youm
legalbird
No name dropping, but one of the big aforementioned names in this thread is terrible. They charged me over $600 and could not find out why the condenser was popping a fuse in the air handler. At the end of the day, they wanted to sell me a new condenser.

I found the problem and used some electrical tape to cover a wire that had a nick it it. The saleman went down some path of trying to make me feel guilty because the new unit was already booked for me the next day. Standard piece of equipment from their existing inventory.
TruService HVAC
Sponsor
I'm gonna agree with some of the others and tell you to avoid Lennox.

We are a local HVAC company and we would be happy to come take a look and provide an estimate at no cost. There are a few on here that can vouch for our quality of service. I've been pretty bad about checking on here as often as I should and Susan with TexAgs is about to kill me because I haven't written a post for our sponsorship in four months but here I am at midnight on a Wednesday lol!

If you're interested, give our office a call tomorrow at 979-422-0148 and Nickie can get your information and set up a time for me to come by and take a look. I hope to hear from you and please know, your username will always stay confidential with us.
backinbcs
No one better than TruService in my experience. And I've had some bad ones here.
TruService HVAC
Sponsor
Thank you for the kind words. We appreciate your business!
Zackdh9
AG
+1 TruService
agaberto
Get an out-of-town quote from a registered dealer.

You'll save $1,000s.

You're welcome.
MadDog73
AG
agaberto said:

Get an out-of-town quote from a registered dealer.

You'll save $1,000s.

You're welcome.
Appreciate that but I like to spend my money with locally owned businesses.
El_duderino
+2 for TruService
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.