Central Park new office building

1,625 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by EriktheRed
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2024013642

Looks like they want to get rid of the existing converted house that's there.
AggiePhil
AG
Very nice! I don't believe the current building was ever actually a house, though it does resemble one. Not sure why they chose to build it that way.
JP76
$363 psft for an office and shop ?
doubledog
JP76 said:

$363 psft for an office and shop ?
Taj Mahals are not cheap....
PS3D
AggiePhil said:

Very nice! I don't believe the current building was ever actually a house, though it does resemble one. Not sure why they chose to build it that way.
I seem to recall reading somewhere that the building was indeed originally a house on the land where Central Park currently sits.
AggiePhil
AG
Historic Aerials suggests otherwise. Either way, I'm glad they're getting new facilities. That house (which they call the "world headquarters") has always been kinda sad.
PS3D
AggiePhil said:

Historic Aerials suggests otherwise. Either way, I'm glad they're getting new facilities.
Huh! Go figure.

I'm sure that the city will produce an official announcement with a rendering in due time, at which point there will be the usual griping.
GrogsBane
This is for the operations crew building. I do not think this is meant to replace that house.
Don't Eat The Bugs
EriktheRed
AG
the new CSTX CIP website shows this being workshop/opertations and does not involve the house. The footprint of the project only includes the buildings back in the trees west of the old house. (and the tennis courts)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.