Basic carpentry project

818 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by MyNameIsJeff
FarmerKeith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've got an old sheet metal shed that is in good shape, except for the studs on the front wall. The folks we bought our house from had let it develop some leaks in one particular area on the roof and the studs on the front wall have largely rotted out.

It's a pretty low-level carpentry project, but I'd like to hire someone to replace the rotted studs with new studs. Would be a super 4-6 hour project for a college kid looking for a few hundred bucks. Anyone have any suggestions on a person who'd do that kind of small project?

I'll do it myself if I have to, but I'm so busy with work, I'd rather pay someone else.
dubi
AG
FarmerKeith said:

I've got an old sheet metal shed that is in good shape, except for the studs on the front wall. The folks we bought our house from had let it develop some leaks in one particular area on the roof and the studs on the front wall have largely rotted out.

It's a pretty low-level carpentry project, but I'd like to hire someone to replace the rotted studs with new studs. Would be a super 4-6 hour project for a college kid looking for a few hundred bucks. Anyone have any suggestions on a person who'd do that kind of small project?

I'll do it myself if I have to, but I'm so busy with work, I'd rather pay someone else.

If you want a college kid, get one from construction science dept.
maddiedou
AG
You should post a pic if you can and if you can not post pics send it to me by text and I will post them for you and advise if need be

maddiedou
MyNameIsJeff
AG
dubi said:

FarmerKeith said:

If you want a college kid, get one from construction science dept.
They'll know exactly nothing about carpentry/framing unless they have worked on a framing crew at some point. Source: Me. I graduated from the construction science department.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.