I&GN Road Closures

3,944 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The info they shared online said phase 1 is going until sometime in June, I think.
TwoDogs
You are correct. There is a mobile sign on GPT that has been sitting in ditch for some time. It may have been intended to give information, just never deployed/turned on.

I heard about the closure last week, going from Koppe Bridge S. on IGN. Called R&B for clarification and staff was unable to provide information. The information was eventually found on their website but staff could not direct???

cajunken
Expert Analysis said:

It would be nice if they would have said how long these closures would last. I originally thought it was just for a day to run pipe under the road as the sign only indicated closed on 3/11. They could have said starting on 3/11. Seeing as how they have the road torn up I assume it is a full closure of the section until they switch the sections that are close this summer.

My wife thought the same thing, as the sign in Saddle Creek only indicated 3/11. I still don't know the end date, but I assume this will last for months.
oldag76
AG
maroon barchetta said:

The signage shouldn't make a difference. The detour routes were communicated in multiple locations online. This isn't a surprise.

Please point me to where I would have seen them. I do read the online Eagle most days they actually publish, but I don't monitor any other sites. I found the map because someone nice took time to publish it on this forum, of course after the fact. The county knows who lives on the dead end streets that are now closed off. Our contact info is clearly available on the Tax Assessor website. Did they mail us anything?

As well, the contractor, ELLIOTT has already broken the Wellborn water lines twice plus one shut down to move a fire hydrant. I lost a whole day of work when it was calm with no rain and I needed to spray my fields. Of course we had no water AGAIN.

Aldrich has already called the project manager with this info and I am going to ask him to come out if they don't get their caca together.
maroon barchetta
I saw it on the kbtx website in the article about the closure if I remember correctly.

It is good to know that someone reads The Eagle though.
maroon barchetta
Also, I like Aldrich. Good idea calling him. I get the emails from Wellborn water and have seen those outage alerts when contractors keep breaking the lines.

Weird. Based on another thread you would think there would be accurate as-builts of everything and that couldn't happen but it's been a weekly occurrence.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.