Crawfish in BCS: when and where?

2,608 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Charpie
FlyRod
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ok we've all heard this is going to be a tough season. Who has crawfish and when? I saw it outside the Villa Maria HEB once last week, but not since.
MiMi
S
HEB at Towerpoint had them last weekend. Tads has had them recently, but posted on FB that they ran out this evening.
CS78
Last I saw, HEB was $10/lb. Puts cleaned tail meat up to about $60/lb.
davido
AG
Woof. My pocket book is going to hate this season.
doubledog
OMG across from Long Johns on Texas Ave (Bryan) is the best in town for ready to eat Craw daddies (IMHO).
australopithecus robustus
The Backyard has crawfish on sundays at 3pm. I believe their standing promo is the first 100 lbs. free for their Sunday Funday.
Crawdaddy
AG
Nam Cafe has INCREDIBLE crawfish.

It's not your typical cajun boil, but if you love crawfish and spicy, you have got to try it at least once. Pairs great with a spring roll/peanut sauce and beer while you're in between bugs.
FlyRod
$60 a lb for tails...guess I'll be doing etouffe with shrimp.
Txmoe
AG
Apparently Tads does a crawfish boil just outside their restaurant during the season. (Just looked it up and it's April 27th and 28th.) I'm not a crawfish fan but a couple of friends went last year and loved it.

I think they also sell crawfish for takeout as well.
MiMi
S
Txmoe said:

Apparently Tads does a crawfish boil just outside their restaurant during the season. (Just looked it up and it's April 27th and 28th.) I'm not a crawfish fan but a couple of friends went last year and loved it.

I think they also sell crawfish for takeout as well.
Tads has crawfish for dine-in as well. I was there last Friday and saw many trays going out of the kitchen. I saw a FB post yesterday that they had run out, and I'm not sure if they have received anymore for today.
Txmoe
AG
Not in BCS but just happened upon this crawfish festival in Fredericksburg over Memorial Day weekend. Is F'burg known for crawfish? Looks like fun though.

Fredericksburg Crawfish Festival (fbgcrawfishfestival.com)
ChampsAg
M'Beaux posted they will have crawfish tomorrow night 5:00 - 9:00 for $8.99/lb
LB12Diamond
AG
Hans in Tomball is great if you don't mind a quick drive. BYOB
davido
AG
Txmoe said:

Is F'burg known for crawfish? Looks like fun though.

No! Just, no! They can have beautiful rolling hill country. They cannot have crawfish!
D Nauti
No No, way too late for Crawfish. If you want crawfish in the Hill Country Llano is doing it mid April, I'm not commenting on any thing else. That is as good as it gets in the Hill Country and they've been doing it for at least 20 years.
FlyRod
Just saw Carneys is doing a crawfish boil this Sunday at 3. I'll be there.
funkytownaggie
AG
Any improvement on crawfish size and quality since a few weeks ago? If yes, where?
Charpie
AG
Just had crawfish at Joe's Place. $11 a pound.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.