Inner Loop Highway Contract Awarded

4,432 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Smeghead4761
Hornbeck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now, here's some money spent that I can support. No medians, no lights please.
https://wtaw.com/brazos-county-commissioners-award-an-11-million-design-contract-that-starts-work-on-an-inner-loop-highway/
davido
AG
Medians, specifically Texas Ave, are TXDOT, not local. It's a tragedy that someone doesn't lose their job over that waste.

So glad they got rid of the "suicide lane" and route traffic through neighborhoods and parking lots instead. Not to mention the fun 5-point turns. /s
woodiewood
Are there any maps of the proposed route?
CS78
Hopefully they'll include a southwest loop. Since they screwed up 2818 with so many red lights.
maroon barchetta
Hwy 332 from Lake Jackson thru Clute to Freeport used to be like 2818 has become. Lots of lights.

It was always frustrating. There was no synchronization of the traffic signals so you would catch most if not all unless it was the middle of the night. And sometimes even then.

In recent years they completed a long project to elevate 332 thru that section. It's a freeway now. It took a long time to do but it is so much better.

Lake Jackson, Clute, and Freeport have far fewer residents than Bryan/College Station and it made sense for them. They need to do that here.
Stupe
S
People in favor of this should use their own money to pay for the design contract.
techno-ag
AG
woodiewood said:

See the list of soil borings on p. 44: https://wtaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/BrCoComm020624InnerLoopRequirements.pdf

It goes from Rabbit Lane to 21 and into Steep Hollow. It sounds to me like they are completing the eastern half of 2818. We saw the grand plan for outer and inner loops in the county last year or so on here. Maybe somebody can find that old map they put out there when setting up the transportation district resulting in our higher vehicle registration fees. Looks like they're starting it.
CS78
[This post is why you were banned and do not waste time emailing because you know what you were saying and so do we. -Staff]
Independence H-D
Stupe said:

People in favor of this should use their own money to pay for the design contract.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
woodiewood said:

This project is the dashed purple line to the north east of Hwy 6.
maroon barchetta
I guess I missed a snarky reply of some sort.
etmydst
AG
I believe you meant to say - dashed purple line.
Hornbeck
AG
Stupe said:

Meh. I'm tired of sitting in traffic to go anywhere.
jello123
CS78 said:

Hopefully they'll include a southwest loop. Since they screwed up 2818 with so many red lights.
Agree! There WAS once a proposed west loop around Easterwood that would connect Hwy 47 to Hwy 40. I see it is no longer on the map. Unbelievable that folks living west of town (Caldwell/Somerville/Brenham) and drive in on FM 60w have to take 2818/Wellborn Rd OR University Dr to Rudder to get to S. College Station! Why?!?!?
etmydst
AG
[Post again without the insulting terms and your post will stay on the thread. -Staff]
hopeandrealchange

What about those of us who speak out that don't want our property cut in half and a portion of it taken by eminent domain? All the while being forced to sell it below market value.
etmydst
AG
A completely understandable and reasonable position, but we can't have it both ways. You either want transportation that keeps up with the growth or you're in one of the groups that want to prevent it from happening, which I think can still be a reasonable position. However, those that want to argue both sides are ridiculous - and they don't argue it at the same time - they'll say one thing now and another later. Hence my comment, don't complain that there is a lack of something but then complain because you don't like the solution.

From what I hear, my opinion is that landowners that have had properties purchased appear to be very well compensated.
turfman80
AG
I'm wondering how they are going to handle the proposed route when it goes right through the middle of Risinger Estates and the proposed Stella Ranch subdivision with over 400 planned houses?
Cartographer
Not ultimately sure what this road accomplishes.

No one wants to move out there, services are inadequate due to the lack of city infrastructure. Transit running through this area is useless. Bryan is not growing that way and CS can't grow that way. All in all, kind of a waste of tax money if you ask me.

Also not a fan of that map but... that's a different story.
techno-ag
AG
Cartographer said:

Also not a fan of that map but... that's a different story.
Username?
Cartographer
It doesn't happen often so I take advantage
Animal Eight 84
AG
techno-ag said:

woodiewood said:

See the list of soil borings on p. 44: https://wtaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/BrCoComm020624InnerLoopRequirements.pdf

It goes from Rabbit Lane to 21 and into Steep Hollow. It sounds to me like they are completing the eastern half of 2818. We saw the grand plan for outer and inner loops in the county last year or so on here. Maybe somebody can find that old map they put out there when setting up the transportation district resulting in our higher vehicle registration fees. Looks like they're starting it.

Possible route: FM 2776 - Andert - then towards vicinity of Easterling , down Steep Hollow?
Then across pastures to Fitch.

FWIW: FM1179 upgrade being implemented is 4 lane up to Easterling (500 proposed homes at Stella Ranch)

Ryandawg
Why not have the purple route follow that tiny stretch of Elmo Weedon until it hits 30?
Texasclipper
AG
This makes the Grimes county side of the Navasota River look more appealing. The river will temporarily stop the sprawl.
farmersfight
AG
Wrong side, need a Fitch to 47/21 around the airport to skip all the BS traffic in CS
Smeghead4761
Here's the link to that map posted as a pic earlier.

https://bcsmpo.org/DocumentCenter/View/196/Revised-Approved-Full-Size-Final-2050-MPO-Thoroughfare-Concept-06272017?bidId=
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.