Home vet for euthanasia

2,078 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Tibbers
jac4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This topic has come up several times, but I wasn't able to find any recent threads using the search function.

Are there any recommendations for a home vet for euthanasia? Our dog took a turn for the worse today and we are scrambling to see what we can do. Our usual vet is out of the office until Monday.

Please save your time and do not recommend Chasing Tails to me. They are unable to get her in until 2/16 and have declined to do anything over the weekend. Even though a friend of mine had them at his house putting his dog to sleep on Sunday January 28.

Thanks,
maroon barchetta
You could try Dr. Amy Vrazel. She's a mobile vet. Don't know where she is today as she works all over in at least a 90-minute radius.

979-820-8387

Call and ask.

Sorry you are in this situation. Been there before and it's tough to deal with.
momlaw
AG
The vet at South 40 has an excellent reputation.
I've seen on this board that he's gone in the middle of the night to end the pain.
God bless you for realizing the need.
momlaw
jac4
AG
Thanks for the recs.

Bryan Animal Clinic (on Maloney Avenue) took care of us. They were so kind and accommodating. Everyone was great.
Jetty
AG
So sorry for your loss…..
agmom95
AG
We used Chasing Tails mobile vet. They were amazing.
jac4
AG
agmom95 said:

We used Chasing Tails mobile vet. They were amazing.

Please reread my OP. I will not EVER recommend them.
agmom95
AG
Sorry about that. I should have read further.

We used them for our dog of 14 years and it was wonderful experience and they were able to accommodate us quickly. They were very kind in the moment and the days following.

Sorry you had a bad experience with them.
FlyRod
This is likely too late to help but the Vet Med school at TAMU might have suggestions or folks willing to make house calls. I'm friends with two graduates from them, and both did this a few times.
TAMU1990
AG
I had to rush my dog to the vet school. I woke up in the middle of the night and she was having a seizure and couldn't walk. I called and told them what was happening. They took us in immediately and it was cheaper than the local vet.

I've also used in home, but it was for my cat who was 20 years old. It wasn't an emergency, made an appointment a few days out, but it was time.
Tibbers
Bryan Animal Clinic did so with our last pup and let me tell you, they did so with love and grace. I highly recommend them and I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.