301 University Drive - Where Convenience Store Was

2,511 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by oldag76
cypress-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know what is going to happen to the site where the old convenience store sat on Northgate? I've dug a bit but couldn't find anything. Shows that it's owned by Yasu Properties out of Spring, TX. If you're trying to sell the plot, I'd at least pave it and make it a parking lot to make some money until it sells.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
There were plans for high rise student living going around a few months ago. Seemed like an awful small footprint for anything, but what do I know?
techno-ag
AG
MyNameIsJeff said:

There were plans for high rise student living going around a few months ago. Seemed like an awful small footprint for anything, but what do I know?
Yes, student housing is what was mentioned.
jello123
Oldham Goodwin has announced that the property located at 301 University Drive and 100 Boyett Street has been listed at $5.2 million as a high-density student housing site.

https://www.kbtx.com/2022/09/22/more-student-housing-could-be-coming-northgate-district/
murphyag
AG
I'm going to miss the old convenience store. Was my go-to place to use the bathroom since my college days in the 90s when I was out and about on Northgate. Cleaner and no lines like at the bars.
scd88
AG
murphyag said:

I'm going to miss the old convenience store. Was my go-to place to use the bathroom since my college days in the 90s when I was out and about on Northgate. Cleaner and no lines like at the bars.

My roommate and I would go there and get frozen burritos after Northgate. Also my go to for eggs to throw at DG and the frat boys from Crocker who sunbathed between Moore and Crocker.
TyHolden
AG
I remember some dude at cut got into a fight with Crocker and they dumped a bucket of pee on him. That dude was literally crying all day....
doubledog
techno-ag said:

MyNameIsJeff said:

oThere were plans for high rise student living going around a few months ago. Seemed like an awful small footprint for anything, but what do I know?
Yes, student housing is what was mentioned.

https://www.kbtx.com/2022/09/22/more-student-housing-could-be-coming-northgate-district/

Quote:

The space is only half an acre which is smaller compared to other student living complexes in the Northgate district. The city says it could have a development on it, but would likely have to go up rather than out.

When asked by KBTX some business owners in the area didn't comment on the possible student housing coming. Part owner and partner of Rough Draft Justin Manning said he is aware of the increasing population of College Station, but is concerned that Northgate may start to lose its charm.
agharrier
AG
Thanks for the info but wish they could find a better use for the space than more housing!
oldag76
AG
There was a developer who has built in Eugene and is started in Norman looking for a spot like that. Ground floor restaurant/bar with 10 or so floors of Condos targeted at Former Students for games and STR. Not sure if they pulled the trigger on that spot or not.....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.