Navasota Football

3,560 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by southwestag
Crusaders41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, what's the scuttle on the Navasota Football job. Who's gonna get it. Hearing a wild process with 30 zoom interviews, multiple interviews with MS and HS admin, etc.
Lynch
I guess to make this Austin related, the navasota athletic department seems as well run as our city.
Crusaders41
Ya, I totally screwed up. Thought I was on the College Station board.
512Ag
AG
I played multiple games at the Snake Pit in the 90s. Never won there. Thanks for the PTSD.
ukbb2003
Fedora making his return.
Horn_in_Aggieland
ukbb2003 said:

Fedora making his return.

Seems like rehiring a 2-time state champion coach at the school where he won those titles would have been a no brainer.
Horn_in_Aggieland
https://www.kbtx.com/2024/02/15/lee-fedora-not-among-finalist-navasota-isd-coaching-vacancy/

according to Navasota ISD Superintendent Stu Musick, Fedora did not make his list of finalists after going through the committee's rankings and performing extensive background checks.

Fedora did apply and was among the top 10 candidates interviewed and many of the 14-member selection committee had Fedora among their top choices.
vmiaptetr
AG
I went Navasota. My sophomore year, we lost every game except homecoming. My junior year, we lost every game. Good times.
MB19
AG
Horn_in_Aggieland said:

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/02/15/lee-fedora-not-among-finalist-navasota-isd-coaching-vacancy/

according to Navasota ISD Superintendent Stu Musick, Fedora did not make his list of finalists after going through the committee's rankings and performing extensive background checks.

Fedora did apply and was among the top 10 candidates interviewed and many of the 14-member selection committee had Fedora among their top choices.
Surprising
EBrazosAg
AG
If Most - not Many - had him as a top choice wouldn't he be a finalist?? Or did some members have a heavier weight vote than others?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Horn_in_Aggieland
The math ain't mathin'.
EBrazosAg
AG
Im pretty sure Most > Many. Many is less than 50% but significant, most is >50%. Is that the question? Math ain't mathing is not really clear. What are you implying? We can't figure it out from the KBTX story because it's incredibly vague….
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Horn_in_Aggieland
Sorry. I meant the math ain't mathin' in Navasota. Most IS greater than many. I'm in agreement with you.
555-PINF
Hornbeck
AG
Friend of mine has kids at Navasota. While the average Joe on the street there is all about Fedora, the administration is soured on him from actions in his last tenure. That's what I was told. Not going into specifics, because I don't have first hand knowledge.
Horn_in_Aggieland
I can see how putting the program on the map and winning 2 state championships would leave a bad impression on anyone.
victory
AG
rumor was when Fedora was at Consol, Navasota ISD didn't allow any consol athletic teams to play neutral site games at Navasota ISD facilities. Bitter, upset maybe? Big ego admin can ruin a coach/ teacher.
Hornbeck
AG
You mean coach. Period. Some folks feel like they shouldn't have to do both. Especially if they won two state titles and put the program on the map.
woodiewood1
EBrazosAg said:

Im pretty sure Most > Many. Many is less than 50% but significant, most is >50%. Is that the question? Math ain't mathing is not really clear. What are you implying? We can't figure it out from the KBTX story because it's incredibly vague….
"What is the meaning of the word many?
1. : a large but indefinite number. a good many of them. 2. : the great majority of people".
southwestag
Hornbeck said:

You mean coach. Period. Some folks feel like they shouldn't have to do both. Especially if they won two state titles and put the program on the map.

He caught a good and super talented bunch of kids and won with them - navasota is an ebb and flow type of place - not sure he could recreate that success honestly unless there's a special group coming up
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.