vehicle inspection for handicapped?

1,383 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by techno-ag
sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Any wild chance there are any vehicle inspection companies that will come to the home of a handicapped person? Don't feel confident enough to go to an inspection garage.
happyinBCS
Do you live in town?
Christian brothers does not charge for state inspections.

Possibly I could drive it there for you
techno-ag
AG
Fortunately I think this is the last year state inspections will be required in Texas.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
techno-ag said:

Fortunately I think this is the last year state inspections will be required in Texas.
It is. But they'll still charge us the inspection fee with our registration. Can't lose that revenue.
SARATOGA
You might just TRY the online registration thing. It added a $7.50 "inspection fee" just like what I imagine it will be like next year, and it went thru just fine.

Registration renewal process online was actually suprisingly easy. So maybe they have it in place early.

Happy that Quicker Sticker will be wiped from the face of the earth.
sunflower
Thanks for help. Have it covered.
75AG
AG
SARATOGA said:

You might just TRY the online registration thing. It added a $7.50 "inspection fee" just like what I imagine it will be like next year, and it went thru just fine.

Registration renewal process online was actually suprisingly easy. So maybe they have it in place early.

Why do you feel that way about Quicker Sticker? The one behind Sevchik's has been nothing but professional, fast, and never tried to oversell me anything. I honestly hate to see the inspection requirement go away and can guarantee you we will have unsafe cars on our highways. $7.00 and a few minutes each year wasn't much of an inconvenience.
histag10
AG
75AG said:

SARATOGA said:

Why do you feel that way about Quicker Sticker? The one behind Sevchik's has been nothing but professional, fast, and never tried to oversell me anything. I honestly hate to see the inspection requirement go away and can guarantee you we will have unsafe cars on our highways. $7.00 and a few minutes each year wasn't much of an inconvenience.

I don't think "forwards, backwards, stop, blinkers, and windshield wipers" is the basis of what makes a car safe. There are plenty of unsafe cars on the road that meet those requirements.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Read: https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/2626209/1

A classic auto board thread. Good stuff starts towards bottom of pg2
75AG
AG
Oh man, I remember that thread. Mrquickersticker should have learned from that pest control/ac guy to sit down and shut up.
techno-ag
AG
75AG said:

SARATOGA said:

It seems to work OK in other states.
75AG
AG
True. But other states likely don't have the number of uninsured drivers and crappy cars that we do. Or I could be completely wrong. Wouldn't be the first time this afternoon.
histag10
AG
Haven't driven in many other states have you? I've seen less crappy vehicles in Texas than I have in many other states.

But uninsured/underinsured drivers aren't really impacted by whether or not we have inspections. You have to also have insurance to get your vehicle registered.
75AG
AG
I've driven all over this country and have for years. Maybe I just pay more attention to the crappy cars in Texas (read as Houston). But like I said, I'm probably wrong.

Edited to add, I never had any bad experience a Quicker Sticker.
techno-ag
AG
Knew somebody on active duty stationed out of state. To renew, Texas allowed them a "self inspection" so long as they sent in the proper amount, and then the state would mail a current sticker.

That's how you know inspections are bogus. If you can self inspect and that's okay, it's just a money grab. They're still grabbing the money but doing away with the fiction of an inspection.

Mechanics at the dealer and tire places do a much better job of harassing drivers to fix things, buy new tires, etc. Johnny Law is happy to hand out tickets for broken tail lights, headlights, etc. Most states don't do inspections, we'll be fine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.