Wellborn closed at Graham Road

5,934 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Hittag1492
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The other unintended consequence of removing that u-turn is that it forces people who might turn there to go to the light at 40. So, they've already slowed down the number of left turns at the intersection with the light and now even more people will have to go through to u-turn (which takes longer than a left turn). Another 'win' for our city planners and/or TexDot.
75AG
AG
That stop light at SB Wellborn and Fitch has made left turns from Barron onto SB Wellborn safe. An unintended benefit!
maroon barchetta
75AG said:

That stop light at SB Wellborn and Fitch has made left turns from Barron onto SB Wellborn safe. An unintended benefit!

I only turn left from Barron to SB Wellborn at very non-peak times.

Otherwise, it's Barron Cut-off or take W.S. Phillips down to Greens Prairie and go that way.

Plus, it helps me avoid the morons that exit out of that Chevron and the other morons that want to turn left from South Dowling. Neither of those groups is known for good decision making.

Adding an extra couple of minutes is more efficient than being stuck behind an accident scene when someone has been t-boned and rolled into the ditch (which has happened at both of those places more than once).
Txmoe
AG
75AG said:

Bold choice coming out in favor of safety! My only complaint about the light is that they don't have the timing down yet. The only lane that ever gets backed up is the left turn on the south bound side.
NotJPMorgan
AG
Rusty posted that they are redoing the intersection and the left turn from Graham to Wellborn will be closed, but the left from Wellborn to Graham will remain. Also mentioned they are extending the turn lane for Wellborn to Fitch. Work expected to last 2 months.
maroon barchetta
NotJPMorgan said:

Rusty posted that they are redoing the intersection and the left turn from Graham to Wellborn will be closed, but the left from Wellborn to Graham will remain. Also mentioned they are extending the turn lane for Wellborn to Fitch. Work expected to last 2 months.

I was 2/3 correct.
Hornbeck
Drove through there today. What a mess. Maybe CoCS should just shut the whole thing down for a few months.
oklaunion
maroon barchetta said:

NotJPMorgan said:

I was 2/3 correct.
When I was in HS, that grade would get a person failed.
maroon barchetta
oklaunion said:

maroon barchetta said:

NotJPMorgan said:

I was 2/3 correct.
When I was in HS, that grade would get a person failed.

If was a designated hitter I would be the greatest ever.
MiMi
S
MiMi said:

This is the perfect time for Rusty or another KBTX reporter to turn a TexAgs thread into a headline story.

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/02/03/txdot-working-project-wellborn-road/
Anonymous Source
S
Quote:

BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) - Those driving on Wellborn might notice some work being done, according to TxDOT it's for a project that will make a few changes.

TxDOT says it is making modifications to the median island. Once the project is finished drivers will no longer be able to make left turns out from Graham Road. However, they will still be able to turn left from southbound Wellborn Road to Graham Rd.

The left lane for southbound Wellborn Rd. to William D. Fitch Pkwy will also be lengthened for "more capacity."
Work on the project is expected to last for about 2 months.

Gig 'Em
maroon barchetta
Anonymous Source
S
Anonymous Source said:

Quote:

BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) - Those driving on Wellborn might notice some work being done, according to TxDOT it's for a project that will make a few changes.

TxDOT says it is making modifications to the median island. Once the project is finished drivers will no longer be able to make left turns out from Graham Road. However, they will still be able to turn left from southbound Wellborn Road to Graham Rd.

The left lane for southbound Wellborn Rd. to William D. Fitch Pkwy will also be lengthened for "more capacity."
Work on the project is expected to last for about 2 months.

Project supposed to start on February 5. I'm through that intersection 4 times a day minimum and on day one....

Gig 'Em
Hornbeck
"Project starting" i. e. billing is not "start working" if I know anything about how things go around here.
ukbb2003
I was wondering about this today. How much could the government offer as a subsidy to each vehicle owner for a flying car and still come out ahead over the construction costs spent on roads?
NotJPMorgan
AG
Striping is being completed this week, median work is done, looks like the new turn lane(s) will open soon.
NotJPMorgan
AG
Update: lanes are open
woodiewood
TyHolden said:

If they have get the tunnel thing going, the first one needs to be another wellborn road under wellborn.
I suspct the next tunnel is at George Bush and Wellborn and then at Rock Prairie and Wellborn. The population growth down RP going west is accelerating greatly.
maroon barchetta
There was a suggestion to UP to make a grade separation/tunnel at Greens Prairie back when they were talking about closing the Straub and Wade crossings.

The UP spokesmouth said it was much more than they were willing to contribute.

Looking at how the south end of the county continues to grow and how slow it is for someone waiting to cross the tracks there when a train is slowing to park on the second rail or just leaving the second rail, that seems short-sighted.

It was suggested to the commissioners and to Judge Peters but it went nowhere.
Hittag1492
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.