Who attended Troubadour Festival last year ??

2,794 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Garhett_W
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How was it and what do people think of this years lineup compared to last year.

More older acts with Travis Tritt and Pat Green
AggieCVQ
I went last year, had a great time. Won't be going this year because I will have a newborn by then. More just about chilling under the stars with country music, bbq, and beer. Doesn't get much better than that.
wareagle044
Had a great time last year. Only really interested in William Clark Green and BBQ this year.
BrazosWifi
We went last year. Did VIP. VIP got us in earlier for less lines but the VIP seating area didn't have shade so that was a negative.
ShinerBlonde
AG
I attended last year and really enjoyed it. I graduated A&M in 2002 so I love seeing Pat Green on the lineup even though I've seen him several times over the years. That being said, I feel like last years lineup was better. I'm still planning to go this year though.
AgGunNut
AG
I went last year and had a great time despite it being an all day thing with little shade. Not going this year. Don't see the lineup as worth it to me.
Txmoe
AG
Went last year and loved it. The absolute best event I've ever been to in BCS in terms of organization and execution. Truly top notch.

Music lineup is less interesting this year but I don't know all the acts. (Truthfully only knew a few of the acts last year and enjoyed them all so I'm willing to give organizers the benefit of the doubt.)

To me, VIP was totally worth it. Yeah there's no shade in that section but there's no shade anywhere so I'm not sure why that's an issue. Last year, VIP got you early entrance, event t-shirt, separate seating section, real flushable toilets, two adult beverages and free water until 8:00 in the evening.
gus1390
AG
Went last year. Thought it was a fantastic event. Will be going again this year.
TAMU1990
AG
Went last year. The food was good and I enjoyed the concerts. I'm not going because I'll be at Olsen.
war hymn aggie
AG
went last year.

Plan to go again this year, too.

Will go a bit earlier so I can attend more of the BBQ vendors.

Ate at several. Got full. Decided to take a break so as not to be a glutton. By the time me & my buddy were ready to go again, most places were closing or had already closed.

The "rectangle" of vendors created very little wind flow, so it was dang hot standing in lines for some good Q.
Bring chairs and set up early in the shade with a good view to where the main concert will be. Surprised at how many of the "youngsters" entered the event after the BBQ vendors had shut down. They were there for the music event only.

In the end, place was packed but it seemed to run well, except that I heard that the wait for food from the food trucks was very long because the vendors were overwhelmed with customers. Hopefully, there will be more vendors this year to serve the mass of humanity that will likely attend.
bushytailed
AG
Tickets went on sale this morning.

https://www.troubadourfestival.com
TroubadourFestival
Glad you had a great time last year. That's the most important thing to us!

I think the lineup will surprise a lot of folks this year (personally, it's one of my favorites I've ever booked in 10 years of doing this). The Red Clay Strays are one of the hottest acts in the nation right now -- they just sold out almost their entire tour yesterday and today. Add them to WCG, PG and Travis Tritt (who still brings it), it's gonna be a good time.

As far as shade goes (I've seen this mentioned a few times on this thread), we're pretty much at the mercy at what Aggie Park has. But a large portion of the VIP "grove" where the bathrooms, bar, etc. were located, we provided quite a bit of seating that was shaded most of the day.

Love seeing all the responses from everyone. Believe me when I say we're doing everything we can to make the experience even better this year.
TroubadourFestival
war hymn aggie said:

went last year.

Plan to go again this year, too.

Will go a bit earlier so I can attend more of the BBQ vendors.

Ate at several. Got full. Decided to take a break so as not to be a glutton. By the time me & my buddy were ready to go again, most places were closing or had already closed.

The "rectangle" of vendors created very little wind flow, so it was dang hot standing in lines for some good Q.
Bring chairs and set up early in the shade with a good view to where the main concert will be. Surprised at how many of the "youngsters" entered the event after the BBQ vendors had shut down. They were there for the music event only.

In the end, place was packed but it seemed to run well, except that I heard that the wait for food from the food trucks was very long because the vendors were overwhelmed with customers. Hopefully, there will be more vendors this year to serve the mass of humanity that will likely attend.
The number of food trucks definitely became an issue last year, and we're already working on rectifying that. We've been given more space on Houston Street this year to allow more room for vendors and food trucks. So, there will definitely be WAY more food options after the BBQ sampling ends at 4:00 PM.
bobinator
AG
We went and took our then-two-year old. Didn't do VIP. Great event, everything was awesome, kid had a great time. If I were doing it again I'd have been a little more aggressive on getting more food instead of sitting at the picnic tables hanging out early on because they started to run out. I was still plenty full, just didn't get to try some of the ones people were saying were best. Definitely bring lawn chairs for the concert. We stood way back in the shade of the trees and you could still hear the music just fine and see the stage though.

You could also leave and come back so if you really need to cool down or something you could walk over to the MSC for a bit. (Also useful if someone needs to pump breastmilk or something)
Garhett_W
AG
Went last year. 7 dollar 12 oz lonestars and 8 dollar 12 oz shiners were ridiculous. Venue was neat. Take a lawn chair.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.