Attn. Men: New Year's Resolution

2,503 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by jac4
Dinger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy, Men! Is your New Year's resolution to get into shape, or work out more? Do you also want to save money this year? What if you can do both simultaneously?

I want to invite you to come out to a workout with F3 Aggieland. F3 stands for Fitness, Fellowship, and Faith. F3 is a national network of free, peer-led workouts for men. Our mission is to plant, grow, and serve small men's workouts for the invigoration of male community leadership.

F3 Aggieland currently has 4 locations to help you get into shape. We work out at public parks Monday - Saturday in Bryan and College Station.

Our locations:

Wolf Pen Creek Festival Site aka The Cave
Tanglewood Park aka The Forest
Castlegate Park aka The Keep
Jack & Dorothy Miller Park aka The Rock

All workouts are free and are less than an hour a day. So what's the catch? We work out at 5:30 am. We work out early so you get your workout done for the day and make it to work on time.

So if you are interested in high-intensity interval training, running, rucking, leadership development, and meeting some new friends, come on out! We welcome men of all fitness levels to our workouts. If you are having trouble with an exercise, you can always modify it as needed.

We have two workouts scheduled for tomorrow. At the Rock, we will be completing a full Murph! At the Cave, there will be a heavy lifting day. Don't worry about bringing anything other than water and a pair of work gloves. Hope to see y'all out soon!

https://f3aggieland.com/

https://www.facebook.com/F3Aggieland/

https://www.instagram.com/f3_aggieland/

unmade bed
Question about the "Faith" aspect of this group. Is there a certain denomination or religion that is focused upon?
Dinger
F3 defines faith as a belief in something greater than yourself. It is not a specific religion or belief system. A majority of the guys are Christian. Both most are from different denominations. We end in a circle of trust. There is usually a prayer at the end. If you're not comfortable with a prayer, you can always be the first to the post workout coffee.
skeetboy3
AG
Dinger said:

F3 defines faith as a belief in something greater than yourself. It is not a specific religion or belief system. A majority of the guys are Christian. Both most are from different denominations. We end in a circle of trust. There is usually a prayer at the end. If you're not comfortable with a prayer, you can always be the first to the post workout coffee.

While I am religious, I have never felt it was "in your face" and most times someone will mention that F3 is open to non-Christian faiths. The camaraderie is great. I need to get out there moreI have never regretted going.
JoeCalAg05
AG
Thanks for the post Dinger! I am the lead cat-herder at The Forest aka Tanglewood Park aka Tanglehood and I would LOVE to see more Men from Texags come out and join us in the gloom (wee misty hours of the morning). We do hard things so we can do hard things. We develop friendships we didn't know we needed. We sweat and hurt and sometimes bleed. We always pick up the '6'. We use weird words for exercises and everyone is given a call-sign.
Let's see some Friendly New Guys accept the challenge to get 1% better this year.
Join us Tues/Wed/Thurs at 5:30 am!
- Frodo, AOQ The Forest, STQ F3 Aggieland
Dinger
We had 11 HIM (High Impact Men) complete the monthly Murph Challenge this morning at The Rock!

[Please do not post personal pictures on this board unless you have permission from those in the picture. Pictures from public websites are different because the pictures are already in a public domain. Thank you. -Staff]
jac4
AG
Checking in. Anyone else make it out to a workout from this thread?
pgag04
AG
Thanks for the recommendation
jac4
AG
Hope to see the guys in this thread at the anniversary convergence this Saturday!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.