Sovereign Citizen Gets Maximum Sentence for Credit Card Fraud

2,478 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Dufflepud
lethalninja
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.kbtx.com/2023/11/14/judge-gives-man-maximum-sentence-credit-card-abuse/

He has to serve at least eighty percent of his sentence. The article says his brother is the Kent Moore Cabinets shooter, which makes sense, since they both believe the law doesn't apply to them
Stupe
S
It cracks me up when these sovereign citizens realize that they are living in a fantasy land.
maroon barchetta
Really weird dude.

BluHorseShu
AG
Stupe said:

It cracks me up when these sovereign citizens realize that they are living in a fantasy land.
There must have been some giggling in that court room. In the fantasy world he believes he's a sovereign of, is theft legal? Or is he just saying he can only be tried by the imaginary court from that land of make believe?
lethalninja
Him and his brother believe that the laws don't apply to them without their consent.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
lethalninja said:

Him and his brother believe that the laws don't apply to them without their consent.
I was thinking that last name sounded familiar, but it didn't click until they mentioned his brother being the Kent Moore shooter.
FlyRod
Was part of the jury pool (did not get selected) for that case. Quite a story.
gigem92
AG
My wife was part of the jury pool as well. She did not get selected either.
Dufflepud
lethalninja said:

That fantasy evaporates pretty quickly when men with guns show up.
FlyRod
Had to read about it but the "redemption A4V" aspect of Sovereign Citizens makes the credit card fraud thing make more sense (to me). It's convoluted but the shortest possible version is, it's a license to steal/scam by virtue of being a Sovereign Citizen.

If you're an employer, probably good if you find out if any of your employees participate in this.

(In full disclosure I have a professional *fascination* with fringe movements of all stripes).
lethalninja
He's been in jail since December 11th, so that will count towards his sentence.
FamousAgg
When has a sovereign citizen ever won a court case?
lethalninja
Maybe on some traffic ticket cases.
EMY92
AG
Can we deport him when he completes his sentence?
woodiewood1
He should be forced to work on a prison farm until he pays back the money he stole from his employer.

lethalninja
Texas prisons don't pay the inmates money for working.
Hornbeck
AG
EMY92 said:

Can we deport him when he completes his sentence?

Yes. Deport him to LoonyToonsistan.
Dufflepud
This fantasy flares up every few years and runs its course (like swinger clubs). The plan looks good at first but goes out the window as soon as you get punched in the mouth.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.