Elia Cafe Tapas Bar (downtown Bryan)

2,756 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by FlyRod
Morpholino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Go support an Aggie owned business.

We got some tapas for lunch and enjoyed it.
75AG
AG
Luigi's place, right?
FlyRod
I genuinely wish them the best. That location plus the tapas concept has not been an easy sell in this town.
crbongos
AG
Yes. Luigi's family owner. Can't wait to go!!! Love the location. Old Madden's location in downtown Bryan. Hit up Hush and Whispers afterward (Wed-Sat I think first floor Varisco Bldg).
CRBongo
TyHolden
AG
will there be a nightly guy/girl singing?
studioone
TyHolden said:

I hope not.. I hate live music at restaurants... I go to restaurants to have a conversation with my family... not to listen to some one screeching....

Technically we dont have real tapas bars in the US. If you go to Spain, where it originated from, most tapas is free munches at a bar.. fried squid, anchovies on bread, kinda exotic snack foods.... and it's mostly free... but you have to buy your alcohol... which is what pays for the food...
BluHorseShu
AG
studioone said:

TyHolden said:

I hope not.. I hate live music at restaurants... I go to restaurants to have a conversation with my family... not to listen to some one screeching....

Technically we dont have real tapas bars in the US. If you go to Spain, where it originated from, most tapas is free munches at a bar.. fried squid, anchovies on bread, kinda exotic snack foods.... and it's mostly free... but you have to buy your alcohol... which is what pays for the food...
I heard the same from Bunny Bixler at the club in Ibiza ...She said American tapas bars were just ghastly. And then she stepped on the ping pong ball.
FlyRod
I believe they mentioned they will have music, and given that it's the Luigi's folks it will almost certainly be that jazz dude who plays at Luigi's regularly.

Expect a very elderly crowd if so,
trouble
AG
Just an FYI, they are currently only open for lunch. Dinner service starts Dec 1st.
75AG
AG
Just spoke to Mr. Luigi. Elia opens this Thursday for dinner. We'll be there!
FlyRod
I hope Mr. Waluigi doesn't spoil the Thursday dinner opening.

Good news in any event.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.