City of CS Achieves Major Capital Gain for Taxpayers

9,294 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by harrierdoc
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You make us all more aware of what's going on that the mayor and city council are NOT running to the press to say "LOOK AT ME!!!"
Bob Yancy
I'm not interested in the counterproductive comparative stuff. My mistake for mentioning it. I love College Station. Raised my family here. Grew a business here. I love Bryan, too. We're all very blessed. I was just pointing out the two cities have a different strategy to get at the same goal: quality of life. No one is running laps around anyone, in my opinion.

Where we could definitely improve dramatically for the taxpayer is working better together. I try everything I know to do to get us there, and always will.

Respectfully.
EliteElectric
Bob Yancy said:

No one is running laps around anyone, in my opinion.

Where we could definitely improve dramatically for the taxpayer is working better together. I try everything I know to do to get us there, and always will.

Duly noted but will have to agree to disagree on the topic of the first sentence. I work with both cities every day and see it vastly different.

I agree with your second sentence and appreciate your efforts. Hell if it were up to me the cities would merge and really save the taxpayers some money!
Captn_Ag05
AG
Our favorite councilmember poster was on WTAW this morning and this board was discussed a bit. Great job, Councilman Yancy.

https://wtaw.com/city-of-college-station-update-on-wtaw-193/

Quote:

Councilman Bob Yancy visits with WTAW's Scott DeLucia about his first year on council, his involvement with TexAgs, railroad development, license plate readers, the sewer line project in the Rosemary neighborhood, student housing, and more during his appearance on The Infomaniacs on Friday, November 17, 2023.

Bob Yancy
Captn_Ag05 said:

Our favorite councilmember poster was on WTAW this morning and this board was discussed a bit. Great job, Councilman Yancy.

https://wtaw.com/city-of-college-station-update-on-wtaw-193/

Quote:

Councilman Bob Yancy visits with WTAW's Scott DeLucia about his first year on council, his involvement with TexAgs, railroad development, license plate readers, the sewer line project in the Rosemary neighborhood, student housing, and more during his appearance on The Infomaniacs on Friday, November 17, 2023.

Very kind of you. Thanks much! Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

-yancy
harrierdoc
AG
YMCA?
oldag76
AG
Bob Yancy said:

I'm not interested in the counterproductive comparative stuff. My mistake for mentioning it. I love College Station. Raised my family here. Grew a business here. I love Bryan, too. We're all very blessed. I was just pointing out the two cities have a different strategy to get at the same goal: quality of life. No one is running laps around anyone, in my opinion.

Respectfully.
So, so true. It's way beyond time to create a county wide Fire/EMS entity and stop all the chargeback debates and slow response times to incidents that occur near city limits because the 911 operators are not sure where a person is EXACTLY. Having lived in a county on two occasions where the Fire/EMS were one, it makes way too much sense. Eliminate one management multi layer, and spend more on field coverage. Stop the "turf" issues and put the citizens first.
harrierdoc
AG
oldag76 said:

Bob Yancy said:

Respectfully.
So, so true. It's way beyond time to create a county wide Fire/EMS entity and stop all the chargeback debates and slow response times to incidents that occur near city limits because the 911 operators are not sure where a person is EXACTLY. Having lived in a county on two occasions where the Fire/EMS were one, it makes way too much sense. Eliminate one management multi layer, and spend more on field coverage. Stop the "turf" issues and put the citizens first.

Same needs to be done for city govt and school districts

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.