Post Oak Mall Carnival

8,274 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 12 mo ago by wareagle044
HowdyAgs03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The carnival is setting back up at Post Oak Mall. Does anyone know when it opens? I can't find anything online.

Update:
For those interested, according to the Post Oak Mall phone directory...

Dates: 10/20 - 11/5
Hours: 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM (Weekdays); 1:00 PM to 12:00 AM (Weekdays)
Vinewood_03
[We are just going to start banning you for these types of post on this forum. This is your warning. -Staff]
trouble
AG
I was told the 20th by one of the carnies.
Wicked Good Ag
Surprised of overlap with Brazos Co Fair at same time
tb9665
Look at the overlap of the concerts too. Snook and the Fair.
ChampsAg
So I can't post let it rain?!?! A simple joke about how it rains every time the carnival comes…

Good lord
tb9665
It is suppose to rain next week.
wareagle044
ChampsAg said:

So I can't post let it rain?!?! A simple joke about how it rains every time the carnival comes…

Good lord

No posts about the beer for the bearded lady either..

It's typically a sensitive and serious topic around these parts.

GailRenee
AG
The carnival can't open until proper fencing has been installed. If you want to enjoy a carnival this weekend I suggest going to the expo center and seeing the rodeo and carnival.
GailRenee
AG
The carnival can't open until proper fencing has been installed. According to the Post Oak Mall phone system it's supposed to open on the 20th of October.
trouble
AG
Oh, I don't intend to go. I don't ride temporary crap like that.

I just happened to meet one of the guys working while in line somewhere and asked.
dubi
AG
Hopefully there is not another riot that brings all the LE from the Brazos Valley.

Folks please don't drop off your kids and come back hours later. Nor should you let your ill behaved teen go to the carnival with their friends. That is all.
LOYAL AG
AG
GailRenee said:

The carnival can't open until proper fencing has been installed. If you want to enjoy a carnival this weekend I suggest going to the expo center and seeing the rodeo and carnival.

This has been resolved. Don't know if it was fixed yesterday specifically but a vendor was identified that could remedy it asap.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
FlyRod
I wish I could find that old thread about the carnival titled "How do we make it go away?" That one was fun.
AG81
AG
dubi said:

Hopefully there is not another riot that brings all the LE from the Brazos Valley.

Folks please don't drop off your kids and come back hours later. Nor should you let your ill behaved teen go to the carnival with their friends. That is all.

Okay, this is pretty funny, "Nor should you let your ill behaved teen go to the carnival with their friends.". If you don't know why, think about it.
dubi
AG
Quote:

Okay, this is pretty funny, "Nor should you let your ill behaved teen go to the carnival with their friends.". If you don't know why, think about it.
It was not meant to be funny.

Are you aware of the riot that brought every LE in a 60 mile radius to the carnival one year? We never need a recurrence of that! Like the 4 people shot shot in a parking lot today at Texas Ave and SW Parkway.
cslifer
Yes there was a large fight but I think we can back off the hyperbole just a bit. It did not "bring every LE in a 60 mile radius" as you said.
doubledog
trouble said:

Oh, I don't intend to go. I don't ride temporary crap like that.

I just happened to meet one of the guys working while in line somewhere and asked.
Did you ask if they had decent insurance and if one can sue Post Oak Mall if there is an accident?
trouble
AG
No. That's not information I needed.

I only wanted to know when they opened so I could avoid it.
WTM
cslifer said:

Yes there was a large fight but I think we can back off the hyperbole just a bit. It did not "bring every LE in a 60 mile radius" as you said.
I don't know about "every law enforcement for 60 miles"; I believe it was CSPD, BPD, University PD, DPS and Brazos County Sheriff's Office, but to call it "a large fight" is to grossly undersell it. The quote below is taken from the official CSPD press release from the incident in 2015:

"While the officers continued to fight with the juvenile, the crowd grew from approximately 200 individuals to double in size....The crowd began to close in on the officers and became hostile...The off duty officers began calling on the radio for assistance due to the aggressive actions, demeanor, growth and advancing crowd...By the time the on-duty officers were arriving the crowd had reached what appeared to be more than 1000 individuals."

So 200, then 400 and finally an estimated 1000 involved.
cslifer
1000 people at a carnival, not 1000 involved in the fight. If you believe that there was really 1000 people directly involved then I really don't know what to tell you.
LOYAL AG
AG
cslifer said:

1000 people at a carnival, not 1000 involved in the fight. If you believe that there was really 1000 people directly involved then I really don't know what to tell you.

Actually the official account says 1000 people in a crowd that was growing increasingly hostile to the officers involved. If you have any tactical training at all you know you assume the worst in that setting and that means they're all hostile until they prove otherwise. We're never know how many were hostile but we know it was a much larger number than the off duty officers on-site could control and significant numbers were dispatched to back them up. Is anything else really relevant at this point?
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
cslifer
The last thing I am looking to do is be lectured about tactics by someone on the BCS board, but alas, here we are. I guess my point is folks on this board have some sort of weird obsession over how terrible a traveling carnival is due to an event that happened 8 years ago. What makes the whole thing ironic to me is that it wasn't the carnival's fault. It wasn't their employees fighting, it was local folks from BCS and the surrounding area. Instead of being embarrassed by the behavior of the local residents folks want to blame the carnival.
FlyRod
Oddly, I find carnivals showing up close to Halloween oddly appropriate considering how many horror stories/movies involve them.

CMac in greasepaint manning a strange new ride called the Flipper and Peeler…
wareagle044
cslifer said:

The last thing I am looking to do is be lectured about tactics by someone on the BCS board, but alas, here we are. I guess my point is folks on this board have some sort of weird obsession over how terrible a traveling carnival is due to an event that happened 8 years ago. What makes the whole thing ironic to me is that it wasn't the carnival's fault. It wasn't their employees fighting, it was local folks from BCS and the surrounding area. Instead of being embarrassed by the behavior of the local residents folks want to blame the carnival.
Every community has its share of embarrassingly behaving constituents. Not every community has avenues that attract them all to the same place at the same time in large numbers. I'd say Northgate is probably a worse avenue than the carnival though at this point.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.