Have you commented yet on the new I-14?

3,662 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Buford T. Justice
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, an Interstate is coming through BCS, I-14. Plans call for an interstate loop around our microplex. No timeline or funding yet, so perhaps decades away.

Here is the page with the survey link (survey closes Aug. 11):

https://txdot.mysocialpinpoint.com/i14systems

Here is the general info page on I-14:

https://www.txdot.gov/projects/projects-studies/statewide/interstate-14-system-in-texas.html

halibut sinclair
What should we comment?
techno-ag
AG
halibut sinclair said:

What should we comment?

Quote:

Please help shape this new interstate highway system by completing the survey questions below by Friday, Aug. 11, 2023. Whenever "Other" is your chosen response, please use the text box to explain your answer. Your input will help inform TxDOT of the issues and opportunities in planning this new interstate highway. Click on this map to get a better understanding of which existing roadways are part of the I-14 System.
Russell Bradleys Toupee
Easy on the medians.
techno-ag
AG
Russell Bradleys Toupee said:

Easy on the medians.
At least interstate medians are grassy. Although, they've been putting up those vehicle barrier fences everywhere.
halibut sinclair
techno-ag said:

halibut sinclair said:

What should we comment?

Quote:

Please help shape this new interstate highway system by completing the survey questions below by Friday, Aug. 11, 2023. Whenever "Other" is your chosen response, please use the text box to explain your answer. Your input will help inform TxDOT of the issues and opportunities in planning this new interstate highway. Click on this map to get a better understanding of which existing roadways are part of the I-14 System.

That's a whole lot to comment.
michellecan
So does this mean we will get a Buccees???
wareagle044
I thought it was funded in Biden's infrastructure bill, but even if so, still probably a couple decades away
Chris98
AG
I think 214 was funded in the bill. Since a good portion of the loop will be in the Brazos and navasota bottoms, imagine the environmental studies will take for ever
Hornbeck
AG
I'm all for an interstate. I don't want 214 to run down Fitch though.
techno-ag
AG
Chris98 said:

I think 214 was funded in the bill. Since a good portion of the loop will be in the Brazos and navasota bottoms, imagine the environmental studies will take for ever
Maybe the loop. The interstate itself is upgrading existing highways, so that will hopefully happen faster.
BQ_90
AG
how long have the been working on i-69? I'll be long dead and gone before this is done
Chewy
AG
Does 214 have any definition to it or just an idea?
MemphisAg1
AG
lol, they need to straighten it out from Huntsville to Temple. That jog from Huntsville to Madisonville and then back down to BCS doesn't make any sense. Same with the jog from BCS up to Hearne and then back down to Milano.
CEAg78
AG
MemphisAg1 said:

lol, they need to straighten it out from Huntsville to Temple. That jog from Huntsville to Madisonville and then back down to BCS doesn't make any sense. Same with the jog from BCS up to Hearne and then back down to Milano.

Of course, the issue becomes right-of-way acquisition. Much easier to widen existing road v. new route.
Somebody has to lose. Might as well be t.u.
histag10
AG
I didn't think this was new news. I mean, they started I-14 years ago with the stretch between Temple and Killeen, and I thought it was common knowledge that it would follow 190. (Because it hits military bases that fall between I 10 and I 20)
Txmoe
AG
I don't hate the idea. Going due east or west from here is a bit of a pain.
Bunk Moreland
national infrastructure/highways needs to be improved immensely. This helps alot. I'm for it.
Gone Camping
AG
CEAg78 said:

MemphisAg1 said:

Of course, the issue becomes right-of-way acquisition. Much easier to widen existing road v. new route.
Widen 30 from Huntsville to College Station and then 485 out of Hearne towards Temple.

Going the proposed route adds roughly 20 miles between Huntsville and Temple. Doesn't make any sense.
rodan85
AG
The current track takes it through several state parks.

We need to comment so they can route it around existing state infrastructure like that.
AgProgrammer
AG
Highway 21/190 is already a divided highway much of that stretch and has large expansion easements. Sending it down Highway 30 from Huntsville to College Station would mean dividing a very large number of bridges and tons of houses along Highway 30 getting eaten up from having to expand to divide it.
Hornbeck
AG
Not to mention wiping out the only clean / well-run Dollar General in the area…
Rexter
If you look while traveling between Madisonville and North Zulch, a lot of fence line has already been moved back from the road.
mhnatt
Could they made it any more crooked? Must be some highly influential "not in my backyard" Ags - lol

I think this is the most non-straight route of interstate I've seen.

etmydst
AG
Looks like the survey is for the entire state. I found this link for a study in our area: https://www.txdot.gov/projects/projects-studies/bryan/i14-corridor-study.html
histag10
AG
I give you a map of interstates in Montana.
Pantera
AG
etmydst said:

Looks like the survey is for the entire state. I found this link for a study in our area: https://www.txdot.gov/projects/projects-studies/bryan/i14-corridor-study.html
Took this survey! Pretty broad questioning, but glad to be able to give some imput on a future (way in the future for completion sounds like) project.
Independence H-D
Is there a better, more detailed, doesn't look like it was done with a sharpie map available? Would love to see details for South Brazos Co.
techno-ag
AG
Bump from last year.

This year TxDOT is holding meetings, so you can hear and comment in person.

https://wtaw.com/txdot-schedules-public-meetings-about-the-future-path-of-interstate-14-i-214-through-the-brazos-valley/

Quote:

The times for all six open houses are from 4:30 until 6:30 p.m.

Wednesday, June 26 at Hearne Elementary School 1210 Hackberry Street, Hearne, TX 77859

Thursday, June 27 at Yards of Cameron 301 Adams Avenue, Cameron, TX 76520

Wednesday, July 10 at Kimbro Center 111 W Trinity Street, Madisonville, TX 77864

Thursday, July 11 at Walker County Fair Grounds 3925 SH 30 W. Huntsville, TX 77340

Wednesday, July 17 at Legends Event Center 2533 Midtown Park Boulevard, Bryan, TX 77801

Thursday, July 18 at Grimes County Fair Grounds 5220 FM Rd 3455, Navasota, TX 77868

https://www.txdot.gov/projects/hearings-meetings/bryan/2024/i14-central-texas-corridor-study-062624.html
FlyRod
TyHolden
AG
I'm guessing this will kill the monorail discussion….
Buford T. Justice
AG
Completely agree.
And add in an interstate lane or detached roadway for 18 wheelers.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.