Choose One

5,588 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sailor
BluHorseShu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Settling an office debate. Hypothetically, if you could bring back only one of these two options to B/CS, which would you choose?

- Black-eyed Pea

- Bennigan's
What a horrible horrible couple of options....But Bennigans for me. I miss their Monte Cristo.

Bring back the original Cafe Excel and Deluxe Burger Bar
BluHorseShu
AG
84AGEC said:

Moms. Grapevine. Cenare

Hell yes I'm old.
Baker Street and The Texan
TransplantedRedRaider
Definitely Black Eyed Pea.

The turkey dinner and sugar snap peas. Gosh I miss that place!
JP76
Fajita ritas

ratfacemcdougal
Bennigans....they had a wonderful grilled lobster.
KC_Ag14
AG
Broncos said:

Sounds like a debate this office would have.

So the most beloved office of all timeā€¦ got it.
scd88
AG
Now I'm feeling nostalgic for the following:

Mom's
Los Nortenos
Grapevine
La Taq queso
The DeLuxe (I'm biased as I worked there in the kitchen)
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Between OPs choices Benigans all the way.

I do miss me some Ken Martin's CFS lunch specials though. Cfs (w famous yellow gravy) , baked potato, and roll for $4.95.
techno-ag
AG
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Between OPs choices Benigans all the way.

I do miss me some Ken Martin's CFS lunch specials though. Cfs (w famous yellow gravy) , baked potato, and roll for $4.95.
Ft. Shiloh.
halibut sinclair
Casa Tomas

maroon barchetta
techno-ag said:

susieq30 said:

I didn't live in CS when Bennigan's was here but we did have one in Beaumont. Back in the day they had some wonderful nachos. I would love to see one again.
It may be coming back, dunno if here again but there's an effort to revive Bennigan's as well as Steak & Ale.

Quote:

A once-popular Dallas-based chain is getting a revival, beginning first with baby steps. Bennigan's, the Irish-pub-styled neighborhood tavern, has opened two ghost kitchen operations in DFW called Bennigan's On The Fly, that are serving a concise menu of Bennigan's classics including the famed Monte Cristo sandwich.

The two kitchens opened in late January at the following locations in Dallas-Fort Worth:

Richardson: Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel, at 900 E. Lookout Dr.

Grapevine: Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport, at 2401 Bass Pro Dr.

Their opening is part of a revival by Legendary Restaurant Brands, a Dallas-based restaurant company that recently signed a development agreement to open Bennigan's and Steak and Ale across the U.S.

https://bennigans.com/bennigans-monte-cristo-sandwich-now-served-at-2-dallas-area-ghost-kitchens/

The Monte Christo was one of my favorites back in the day

I worked with a guy who claimed to be the inventor of the Monte Cristo sandwich when he worked at Bennigan's.

He was very serious about it.
techno-ag
AG
maroon barchetta said:

techno-ag said:

susieq30 said:

I didn't live in CS when Bennigan's was here but we did have one in Beaumont. Back in the day they had some wonderful nachos. I would love to see one again.
It may be coming back, dunno if here again but there's an effort to revive Bennigan's as well as Steak & Ale.

Quote:

A once-popular Dallas-based chain is getting a revival, beginning first with baby steps. Bennigan's, the Irish-pub-styled neighborhood tavern, has opened two ghost kitchen operations in DFW called Bennigan's On The Fly, that are serving a concise menu of Bennigan's classics including the famed Monte Cristo sandwich.

The two kitchens opened in late January at the following locations in Dallas-Fort Worth:

Their opening is part of a revival by Legendary Restaurant Brands, a Dallas-based restaurant company that recently signed a development agreement to open Bennigan's and Steak and Ale across the U.S.

https://bennigans.com/bennigans-monte-cristo-sandwich-now-served-at-2-dallas-area-ghost-kitchens/

I worked with a guy who claimed to be the inventor of the Monte Cristo sandwich when he worked at Bennigan's.

Was he a Count?
woodiewood1
maroon barchetta said:

I'll settle for a return of decent cafeteria food on the first floor of the MSC.

$5 chicken fried steak night on Thursday's was excellent.
And their coconut cream pie and their yeast rolls!!!!
maroon barchetta
techno-ag said:

maroon barchetta said:

techno-ag said:

susieq30 said:

Quote:

Was he a Count?

EBrazosAg
AG
Those were the days!!!!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Smittyfubar
AG
Garcia's but before it went out of business the first time.
boredatwork08
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Settling an office debate. Hypothetically, if you could bring back only one of these two options to B/CS, which would you choose?

- Black-eyed Pea

- Bennigan's
The powers-that-be want us back in the office for this rousing banter?
TXAGBQ76
AG
And enjoy great comfort food
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Bennigan's all day long.

The potato skins and the French onion soup are, in my opinion, enough reason to keep the place in business.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
trouble said:

Los Nortenos?

Mmmm. Migas.

Need a drooling emoji.
Goat Man
AG
Texags needs a poll of 'greatest local restaurant that is no more'. I would wager the final two would be Grapevine and Casa Tomas. I threw out the Texan because I was poor then and only able to eat there once.
91_Aggie
AG
Bennigans was a problem for my wife.... way too many pages of choices. Would take her forever to decide...FOMO was real back then.
Wicked Good Ag
Goat Man said:

Texags needs a poll of 'greatest local restaurant that is no more'. I would wager the final two would be Grapevine and Casa Tomas. I threw out the Texan because I was poor then and only able to eat there once.
I would be willing to bet neither makes the final two
I am a Russian Bot
TyHolden
AG
Bennigans....everybody wants to show their kids the plaque they're on.
Russell Bradleys Toupee
Don't forget Steak & Ale on Briarcrest, or "Snake & Snail" as some of us called it.
halibut sinclair
Russell Bradleys Toupee said:

Don't forget Steak & Ale on Briarcrest, or "Snake & Snail" as some of us called it.
Oxford Street was great back in the day. Peppercorn filet was my go-to.
AgTrip
I worked at Rita's Eatery & Cantina (which was a great place) before it was Garcias and later Fuddruckers.

I knew people who worked at Bennigan's and one cook told me they would have zip locks of pre-measured breaded mushrooms. When someone ordered them, they'd toss them in the fryer...baggie and all to cook. He said the plastic just melted off and sank to the bottom of the frying. I didn't eat there anymore after hearing that. HA
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Bennigans. And Swensons needs to go in next door so there is a decent ice cream parlor in town and a location for students to dunk their rings in creamy cold goodness.

I'll also vote for brining back Fajita Ritas and Cenare.
maverick2076
I waited tables at Bennigans from 2000-2002. I miss that place.
JMac03
AG
rednecked
AG
trouble said:

Los Nortenos?
this one made me tear up a bit. Damn I miss their salsa! Their Carne Guisada is the Carne Guisada by which all other Carne Guisadas in my life are judged... and found wanting.
TexAg1987
maroon barchetta said:

techno-ag said:

susieq30 said:

Quote:

In 1930?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Cristo_sandwich
maroon barchetta
Oh he was all about it. Claimed to make it for lunch one day while screwing around in the kitchen and his boss seeing what he did and stealing his idea and giving him no credit.
techno-ag
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Oh he was all about it. Claimed to make it for lunch one day while screwing around in the kitchen and his boss seeing what he did and stealing his idea and giving him no credit.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.