Choose One

5,555 Views | 79 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sailor
KC_Ag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Settling an office debate. Hypothetically, if you could bring back only one of these two options to B/CS, which would you choose?

- Black-eyed Pea

- Bennigan's
MB19
AG
Terrible office debate. You should feel sad.
59in79
AG
The Grapevine Restaurant, Youngbloods, Ken Martin's original Steakhouse, The Cow Hop.
Russell Bradleys Toupee
Yeah man, that's depressing.

Indoor downhill ski center or monorail?
trouble
AG
Bennigans
Russell Bradleys Toupee
At least Swensen's.
KC_Ag14
AG
trouble said:

Bennigans
Thank you for actually contributing to the exercise.
KC_Ag14
AG
MB19 said:

Terrific office debate. You should feel glad.
FIFY
UmustBKidding
Im more in the 59in79 camp, but bennigans for the food options but cs black eyed pea had miss happy as waitress so service at least in her section was impeccable.
555-PINF
Bennigans because they had Abita Turbo Dog on tap
trouble
AG
Now I want a turkey O'Toole
MB19
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

MB19 said:

Terrific office debate. You should feel glad.
FIFY
I'm deeply saddened by your "correction" of my already correct post. You should feel even more sad.
Txmoe
AG
KC_Ag14 said:

Settling an office debate. Hypothetically, if you could bring back only one of these two options to B/CS, which would you choose?

- Black-eyed Pea

- Bennigan's
It's actually a good debate for those of us who were around back in the day. Bennigan's was steady, unassuming and not a place anyone was excited to go. But, it was always dependable, rarely busy and the perfect place of non-decision (similar to Chili's or Cheddar's).

Black-eyed Pea opening was a BIG deal because it was rare to get a new restaurant (as opposed to today where we get a new restaurant every week). It came out of the gate strong with delicious southern cooking. People actually tracked what their daily desserts were so that they didn't miss their favorites. What we eventually learned was that our BEP was an anomaly because it was a great version of restaurant from a mediocre national chain. Obviously it couldn't maintain the quality and crashed down to earth.

So, I'll say Black-eyed Pea with the hope that we get the good, original version.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Aggie Special from Tom's.

techno-ag
AG
Bennigan's. Enjoyed the selection.

I remember the crowds when BEP opened but it seemed more corporate than Bennigan's.
Hornbeck
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

This
75AG
AG
Mom's
trouble
AG
75AG said:

Mom's

Tell me you're old.....
75AG
AG
Right?
trouble
AG
I mean, I'm not old enough to have gone there but I'm old enough to know what it was
75AG
AG
Best home cooking (lunch only) that I think was $2.00. Cash, no checks, pay the old lady with the money box on her lap. Not sure if she even made change.
Broncos

Sounds like a debate this office would have.
Girlhowdy
AG
Tom's and the Mexican place in downtown Bryan. I don't know how to spell it.
BiochemAg97
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

C&Js has an Aggie Special reminiscent of Tom's, including the butcher paper.
trouble
AG
Los Nortenos?
maroon barchetta
I'll settle for a return of decent cafeteria food on the first floor of the MSC.

$5 chicken fried steak night on Thursday's was excellent.
84AGEC
AG
Moms. Grapevine. Cenare

Hell yes I'm old.
susieq30
I didn't live in CS when Bennigan's was here but we did have one in Beaumont. Back in the day they had some wonderful nachos. I would love to see one again.
84AGEC
AG
We would go for evening meal. I think it was $3. It sold my junior year (82-83) I think, price went up, quality went down.
Yep. Paid on the way out.
bobinator
AG
I went to the CS Bennigan's exactly one time, but definitely one of my most memorable dining experiences. It was the first place someone recognized me from my role in a certain edible-list-based viral video.
ShinerBlonde
AG
I would pick Black Eyed Pea but not in the old location. Too hard to get to. I miss their chicken fried corn on the cob.
techno-ag
AG
susieq30 said:

I didn't live in CS when Bennigan's was here but we did have one in Beaumont. Back in the day they had some wonderful nachos. I would love to see one again.
It may be coming back, dunno if here again but there's an effort to revive Bennigan's as well as Steak & Ale.

Quote:

A once-popular Dallas-based chain is getting a revival, beginning first with baby steps. Bennigan's, the Irish-pub-styled neighborhood tavern, has opened two ghost kitchen operations in DFW called Bennigan's On The Fly, that are serving a concise menu of Bennigan's classics including the famed Monte Cristo sandwich.

The two kitchens opened in late January at the following locations in Dallas-Fort Worth:

Richardson: Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel, at 900 E. Lookout Dr.

Grapevine: Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport, at 2401 Bass Pro Dr.

Their opening is part of a revival by Legendary Restaurant Brands, a Dallas-based restaurant company that recently signed a development agreement to open Bennigan's and Steak and Ale across the U.S.

https://bennigans.com/bennigans-monte-cristo-sandwich-now-served-at-2-dallas-area-ghost-kitchens/

The Monte Christo was one of my favorites back in the day.
studioone
Pelicans Warf!

yeah, im older than you..
Girlhowdy
AG
trouble said:

Los Nortenos?

Yes! Thank you
happyinBCS
I loved Mom's not only the great food but the fellowship why can't this country be like that again. Where it is ok to disagree and break bread together and move on.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.