Optimum fury

9,259 Views | 50 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by boredatwork08
sunflower
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Am furious, my new bill from Optimum is over $30 higher and I cannot access their website. Will not allow me to log in. Furious! Anybody else have such a rise in billing?
doubledog
Frontier... Just sayin'
el gato18
AG
Anybody know when Frontier will go live in Castlegate? Seems like they finished in our yard a couple months ago.
Hornbeck
I dropped subOptimal a year ago when they ran fiber in my neighborhood.

No problems since <knocks wood>
AggiePhil
AG
Optimus Prime
aggie-1997
AG
el gato18 said:

Anybody know when Frontier will go live in Castlegate? Seems like they finished in our yard a couple months ago.
I am in Castlegate and I am having Frontier installed tomorrow. Got a notice in the mail it was ready and called the next day. Couple days later some sales guy came to the door as well.
maroon barchetta
aggie-1997 said:

el gato18 said:

I am in Castlegate and I am having Frontier installed tomorrow. Got a notice in the mail it was ready and called the next day. Couple days later some sales guy came to the door as well.

I though Castlegate had a "no solicitors" sign?
aggie-1997
AG
maroon barchetta said:

aggie-1997 said:

el gato18 said:

I though Castlegate had a "no solicitors" sign?
They do. Which means they either got permission from the HOA or they do like all other solicitors and ignore it.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Sounds like you've been with them about a year.

This is suddenlink/optimum SOP.

If fiber isn't an option, you need to call to cancel and tell them you're switching to fiber for $40/month and get whatever best price they're offering people as they leave.
SidewaysThink
Our June bill was just sent by email today. $21 higher than ever before in the past. We need more options in south CS.
BCSWguru
I cancelled and those ****heads offered me $40 internet. Told em to pound sand. Awful, awful company.
rodan85
AG
LSCSN said:

I cancelled and those ****heads offered me $40 internet. Told em to pound sand. Awful, awful company.
I did get the $40/mo plan, but I had to call two months in a row. After the first call my price actually went up. Then I called back and now I get the $40/mo rate.
Gig 'em
Bryan '85
AgTrip
I have had several great days in my life. The day I married my wife, the day my boys were born and the day I got to tell Suddenlink to kiss off when I got frontier!
BaitShack
AG
My bill went up this month by $15.99 and they had added HBO Max (App only). I chatted with them and they removed it. I have internet only.
cypress-ag
AG
So, you all answered my question that I already knew the answer. The home I purchased does have Frontier available we will use it for internet only and stream the TV. Using a Google system to expand the coverage from my old home in Cypress that worked well. No gaming just usually stuff in the home to connect to wifi. What speed are most of you guys getting? I want to make sure I get coverage outside on patio etc. So I have no idea on which package.
texAZtea
AG
Has anyone used Metronet, can you speak to the internet speed and price?
EliteElectric
texAZtea said:

Has anyone used Metronet, can you speak to the internet speed and price?
65 or 75 per month can't remember which, they have been fast and reliable

aggie-1997
AG
Got Frontier fiber installed/connected on Tuesday. Technician was great and did a good job.

Called today to cancel my Optimum account. First gentleman I spoke to was nice and went through the process. Offered a couple of options but stopped once I told him I already had the other provider installed. Some of the options were ridiculous (know anyone you can transfer your account to). Second gentleman I talked to was fairly rude. He was just to confirm the information on the request, but refused to give me a confirmation number and stated there was no such thing.

Hard not to think I will see additional charges like many others have stated. Will be sending back the equipment via fedex so there is tracking.

scd88
AG
I can't wait until another option other than Optimum/Suddenlink is available in my part of 77840. I'm surprised we don't have Frontier yet.
SW AG80
AG
Soon as Frontier gets to our area we are dropping Optimum like a hot potato.

How do you know where to send the SuddenLink equipment when the time comes?
halibut sinclair
SW AG80 said:

Soon as Frontier gets to our area we are dropping Optimum like a hot potato.

How do you know where to send the SuddenLink equipment when the time comes?

Got Frontier a few months ago. Called Optimum to cancel all our services - no issues. Took all the equipment to their office and got a receipt.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Pre-ordered metronet just now and already disappointed to see asterisks and "1 year price locks"

I guess at least now I have the option to switch annually for new customer pricing.
gigem92
AG
Halibut, are you in BCS? Which office did you drop the equipment off at?

We signed up for Frontier today with installation on June 13, so trying to see about returning equipment.
halibut sinclair
gigem92 said:

Halibut, are you in BCS? Which office did you drop the equipment off at?

We signed up for Frontier today with installation on June 13, so trying to see about returning equipment.
Yes, in BCS. I dropped our stuff off at the Optimum office near KBTX on 29th, but I heard they have since moved to the Bed, Bath & Beyond shopping center.
gigem92
AG
Thanks, halibut. Saw that new store the other day. Hope I can drop off there,
EagleLM
Yeah, they moved cuz they needed extra space to hold that surge of equipment being turned-in...
gigem92
AG
Frontier installed yesterday and so far so good. Install tech was awesome and it was an easy process.

Called Optimum and cancelled yesterday, surprisingly no issue doing so and the individual I spoke with was great. He did ask if there was anyone I could transfer the account to.

Today, got a call from Optimum loyalty department trying to get me to reconsider and offering discounts. Told him no thanks, not interested. One of my pet peeves is companies that wait until you are cancelling to offer all kinds of deals.
AgTrip
gigem92 said:

Frontier installed yesterday and so far so good. Install tech was awesome and it was an easy process.

Called Optimum and cancelled yesterday, surprisingly no issue doing so and the individual I spoke with was great. He did ask if there was anyone I could transfer the account to.

Today, got a call from Optimum loyalty department trying to get me to reconsider and offering discounts. Told him no thanks, not interested. One of my pet peeves is companies that wait until you are cancelling to offer all kinds of deals.
Totally agree. They told me I was eligible for all sorts of free upgrades since I had been with them so long. If they were free, why not upgrade me and make me happy in the first place!!!!
dr_boogs
AG
Unlike most posters on this thread I've had sudden link for years with very few issues and outages. I'm running a 200 mb plan for 100 bucks a month though, internet only. Frontier has a 1 gb plan for 75 before all the taxes so thinking about switching. Monthly no contracts, waived installation fees and all that.

Went to get their phone number and was surprised to see a 2 star rating and tons of complaints about Frontier.

How's your coverage/reliability been with Frontier in S College Station?
sirhc
AG
Have optimum but metronet recently available so considering switching
rodan85
AG
dr_boogs said:

Unlike most posters on this thread I've had sudden link for years with very few issues and outages. I'm running a 200 mb plan for 100 bucks a month though, internet only.

You are overpaying. I too have not had issues in the 4 years I have lived in College Station, but I am now paying $46/mo for 400 mb plan.

Call them up and get to the cancelation area. Then tell them you are switching to Frontier and see what they offer you to stay.
BCS-Ag
dr_boogs said:

Unlike most posters on this thread I've had sudden link for years with very few issues and outages. I'm running a 200 mb plan for 100 bucks a month though, internet only. Frontier has a 1 gb plan for 75 before all the taxes so thinking about switching. Monthly no contracts, waived installation fees and all that.

Went to get their phone number and was surprised to see a 2 star rating and tons of complaints about Frontier.

How's your coverage/reliability been with Frontier in S College Station?
I had a similar experience with Suddenlink. I even gave them a chance to price match and upgrade, which they did, but bungled the implementation horribly (multiple wrong modems, missed appointments, and overbilled), so I ended up switching anyway about a year ago. Other than having to pester them for the referral bonus, Frontier has been AWESOME - fast & reliable, with 1 short outage related to weather.
boredatwork08
AG
The two star reviews are likely from DSL customers. My experience with their fiber service has been nothing but outstanding.
maddiedou
AG
Here is a metro net contact

I had to deal with them at my apartments because we had some issues(well I had questions about install)

Anyway holy smokes did I feel comfortable after about a 20 min conversation with him

I think yall will be happy with Robert
zbeagle
Metronet was installed yesterday. The installer was great and all is well so far. I returned my Optimum equipment today. I got a receipt for the cable tv box, but in true Optimum form, they had no record of the telephony box and Victoria would not give me a receipt for it. And here is where the fun began (paraphrasing):

me: You understand my concern? I'm giving you equipment but you won't give me a receipt. What is to prevent your company from claiming I never returned it and billing me for it?

Victoria: How can they? They don't have a record of you having that kind of equipment.

me: Do you mind if I record you saying that so that I will have some kind of record?

Victoria: (smugly) Yes, I do mind.

me: [ok, let's explore this] Do I need your permission to record you?

Victoria: Yes, you do.

me: According to whom?

Victoria: [visibly flustered] well..ermm.. the State of Texas.

me: [Not convinced, but also not wanting to waste any more time pressing the issue] Well, I'll just have to trust that you are not lying to me.

[end]

What could possibly go wrong? So, back in my car, I quickly consult Siri. As I understand it, Texas is a single-party consent state. As an involved party, I had the right to record her. A third party would not.

What say ye, sages of TexAgs?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.