Good Lawn Consultation

762 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by TyHolden
TheOC16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I need some help with my lawn. Wanting to find someone who will come out to take a look at my yard, diagnose the cause of my problems, and help formulate a plan to improve my grass.

--
Story time...

When I bought this house (March 2020), I immediately hired Aggieland Green. I had them for a year. Throughout that time whenever I would address specific problem areas in the yard, all they would say is "you need to water more". So I'd water more (which was a lot since I was already watering the recommended amount). No improvement. After a year I stopped working with them when I realized what they were doing/recommending wasn't helping.

Shortly thereafter I found one of the issues - there was concrete all throughout my back yard, just an inch or two below the surface level. Apparently whatever "diagnostics" they were doing wasn't enough to realize there was concrete just below the surface. All they did was tell me I wasn't watering enough (water doesn't dissolve concrete) or try to upsell me some other service I needed to have done (which I did one time).

Now the concrete is removed so I'm ready to get back to fixing my problem. My front yard is St. Augstine that is beautiful and thick in places but then there will be patches in the middle with nothing. Something is definitely wrong with the grass/soil in those areas - don't know if it's "Brown Patch" that my grandpa talks of or what. The front part of the yard won't grow St. Augustine but will grow weeds. I don't think it's a shade issue, I have trees throughout the yard and right there up front. Don't know if something is wrong with the soil or what.

Back yard is a nightmare - I ignored it for a long time until I could fix the concrete issue. Now it's a healthy jungle of weeds and a touch of Bermuda in there. But even with all the rain we've had recently there is one patch of about 300 square feet right in the middle that won't grow anything. Just dead. Been that way for the three years I've lived here.
--

If anyone knows of someone who will help me with this that's not just trying to sell some subscription service to throw out fertilizer and blame any issues on not watering enough, please let me know. Thanks!
turfman80
AG
You can text me

979 - two one eight, 5 nine 1 nine
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
TyHolden
AG
turfman80 said:

You can text me

979 - two one eight, 5 nine 1 nine
username checks out
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.