Banks?

3,240 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Bryanisbest
AG81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking due a new bank. Anyone have any experience with Aggieland Credit Union?
happyinBCS
Brenham national has the best checking account they pay 2% up to 25K and everything is free including ATM's
maroon barchetta
happyinBCS said:

Brenham national has the best checking account they pay 2% up to 25K and everything is free including ATM's

There is a giant new bank at Harvey Mitchell and Hwy 6. Try there.
Tailgate88
AG
We have been very happy with Prosperity Bank for well over a decade now.
MiMi
S
I've been with Brazos Valley Schools Credit Union for 30 years and have never had any issues.
happyinBCS
why when all the banks mentioned here don't even come close on checking accounts I guess if you need loans or something else that is another story.
Txmoe
AG
To bring it back to OP, we've had a couple of car loans at Aggieland CU. No complaints and easy to deal with.
cstat07
Glad to hear! We moved to BSC recently from W Tx… I was dreading switching banks. As luck would have it, Prosperity bought out the regiobal bank we were at in W Tx.
Hornbeck
I don't know, there's such a lack of banks in the greater B/CS area.

OP, I've had an account at Aggie CU for over 30 years. It's where all our main accounts are since moving back. They are good.

You may not want to take banking advice from an intellectually bankrupt person like myself….
AG81
AG
Hornbeck said:

I don't know, there's such a lack of banks in the greater B/CS area.

OP, I've had an account at Aggie CU for over 30 years. It's where all our main accounts are since moving back. They are good.

You may not want to take banking advice from an intellectually bankrupt person like myself….

You're clearly not financially bankrupt, so any intellectual shortcomings don't concern me.

Sorry, you lobbed me a softball, I couldn't resist.
dogowner
UBS Financial Services is a great bank and it's conveniently located in Century Square!
jja79
AG
Probably good but it's not a bank.
samsal75
AG
Normangee State Bank!
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Tailgate88 said:

We've used Prosperity for several years up until trying to get financing for some land a few months ago. They seemed completely unwilling to help and were unapologetic when I told them we would be going elsewhere. We would up at First Financial for the purchase and have since moved our checking there as well. We've been extremely happy with them.
techno-ag
AG
samsal75 said:

Normangee State Bank!
First State Bank of Bedias. They've even got a branch in Kurten.
michellecan
We have been with Aggieland Credit Union for years! NO fees! Love it!
JMac03
AG
I used Aggieland CU for years. Honestly I'm moving everything to online banks because I get so much better rates. I'm getting near 4% on Amex savings. My business accounts are getting 2 or 2.5% I think. My money just sat there at Aggieland. But they have great customer service, did several car loans through them, etc.
Azeew
MyNameIsJeff said:

Tailgate88 said:

We've used Prosperity for several years up until trying to get financing for some land a few months ago. They seemed completely unwilling to help and were unapologetic when I told them we would be going elsewhere. We would up at First Financial for the purchase and have since moved our checking there as well. We've been extremely happy with them.

Ask for Cal McNeil at First Financial!
angus55
samsal75 said:

Normangee State Bank!

I second Normangee State Bank. The best hands down!

We'll win this war, but we'll win it only by fighting and by showing the Germans that we've got more guts than they have, or ever will have. We're not going to just shoot the sons-of-b******, were going to rip out their living G*******d guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun c********** by the bushel-f****** basket. War is a bloody killing business. You've got to spill their blood or they will spill yours. Rip them up the belly. Shot them in the guts.
camra
Frost bank
Bryanisbest
AG
First Financial
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.